A Few Food Questions About The Legend

Quiet man

My wife and I will be cruising on the Legend later this month. We are trying to decide when to eat at the Golden Fleece. We have been unable to get the EIGHT day menus. Can anyone help? Is there a specific dinner in the dining room worth missing in favor of the Golden Fleece? When we cruised on RCCL we always ate at their premium restaurant on Caribbean Night since we didn't care for that menu. We are thinking of eating at the Golden Fleece the night we are docked in San Juan. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

I'd becurious to know about the 8 day menu. FOr the 8 day Liberty I was told that they will be using the regular 7 day menu-- wondered what they do for the 8th day.

Menus are supposed to be fleetwide.

I also heard that the entire fleet uses the same menu. I was hoping to hear from someone who recently returned from an eight night cruise about the menus, but no luck. It looks like unless we decide to change at the last minute we'll dine on night four, while in San Juan, at the Golden Fleece.

I also heard that the entire fleet uses the same menu. I was hoping to hear from someone who recently returned from an eight night cruise about the menus, but no luck. It looks like unless we decide to change at the last minute we'll dine on night four, while in San Juan, at the Golden Fleece.

We just returned from the Legend and I do not have any menus, but I can say there was not any one night I would have wanted to miss. The food was outstanding every night. As a matter of fact it was hard to choose most nights, I wanted so many things.

We did not have any repeat nights, although there were lots of things I would have liked to have again:D

We just came back from the Legend, and the eighth day was not the same as any others. As I recall, we all had the prime rib, which was just wonderful. A note about ordering the filet mignons, though ... they tend to be dry. Our waiter confirmed that they're usually that way.

As for eating at the Golden Fleece, excellent choice! If I had to pick a dinner to miss, it might be the first one. The food is good, true, but few people are dressed for dinner, it's a more hurried feeling dinner, and the waitstaff don't sing or dance that night, so you wouldn't be missing anything. On our cruise, we picked the third night to go up into the funnel, and had a marvelous time.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you want filet mignon,pick a night there is nothing you like on the menu and ask if you can get something else. My husband could find nothing he liked one night and asked if there was anything else he could get. The waiter said he could have a steak and brought out a great filet mignon.My husband said it was perfect and better then the beef he had had any other night in the dining room.

Laura

We did supper at the Golden Fleece the fifth day of our cruise. Can't remember what food was in the main dining room,but whatever it was it made us decide to do the Golden Fleece that night. That was the day we were in St. Thomas. The Golden Fleece was wonderful,not to be missed. We had done it in 2005 also and I think this year it was even better.

I can't remember what night my husband got the filet mignon but it was one of the last nights on board.Sorry!

But whatever you do,make sure you do the Golden Fleece. Allow at least 2 1/2hrs.It is well worth the $30 per person surcharge.

Laura

As far as dinner San Juan night,we had gone to biobay so did not get back in time for dinner. Had room service instead.But in 2004 for dinner on San Juan night we had filet mignon .Can't remember if the menu had changed from 2004

Thanks for the great information. It was really a big help. It there music in the Golden Fleece while in port? Does the $30.00 pp include the gratuity or are additional gratuities expected? I always give extra for good service but do not wish to undertip if it is not included.

Thanks for the great information. It was really a big help. It there music in the Golden Fleece while in port? Does the $30.00 pp include the gratuity or are additional gratuities expected? I always give extra for good service but do not wish to undertip if it is not included.

The live music (that you can dance to between courses on the lovely dance floor) is included in the $30.00, but the gratuity is not. So, make sure you have your precious S&S card ready to be swiped at the end of the meal! :)

We ate in the Supper club on the 5th night of a 7 day cruise. We didnt want to rush through cozumel to get ready for dining at 5:45. We made reservations for Thursday at 7:15. For the 2 1/2 hours we were there we were the only cruisers dining. THe captain and his crew sat at another table and the Pursers crew sat at another one. We made reservations the first night. Went directly to the supper club so we can pick out our table. We picked on by the corner by the window. Wrong move on our part because it was extremely dark there.. THe waitress gave us 3 extra battery operated candles to read the menu by.

All in all it was the greatest meal we have ever eaten while on vacation.

(dont try the cheesecake expecting it to be the cheesecake we eat at home-- its very hard-like a busquit)

We tipped 15 extra dollars in cash and put the meal of 25.00 pp bill which they put on out sign and sail card. ITs now 30.pp

The choc thing is really good-- actually you get three dessert in one.

Yes that is amazing. I loved it,whatever it was called. They brought out three seperate dishes and they were so good. What a dessert!

Laura

Archived