check in times

KPNut

Hi,

it's out first time on Cunard and we're wondering if the check-in time is set in stone? Ours is 3PM, but we will be at the port much earlier.

Any advice will be very much appreciated

TIA

Hi,

it's out first time on Cunard and we're wondering if the check-in time is set in stone? Ours is 3PM, but we will be at the port much earlier.

Any advice will be very much appreciated

TIA

Hola!

My check in time was the same, at 15:00… But I was there at 12:15, and no questions asked… I think I waited about 15 minutes to board and was on the ship by 13:00 at the latest… Not sure how aware you are of the boarding process, but when you arrive, you will be given a coloured, lettered card and directed a seating/waiting area. When they call your colour and number, you will then approach the "check-in" desks, where you will be processed and your pictures and things taken, key cards issued and paperwork completed, then straight through security and onto the ship… Just for info.

Seeing as you are taking the little one with you, I would say you should get there earlier, so you can take your time getting through security and the formalities with the family in tow, in your own good time, without feeling rushed and hassled.

I see it all the time at airports, stressed out, hassled parents, going through security and getting wound up etc… Not the best way to start a holiday.

Hope you have an amazing time! :)

T6

:)

Edited by T5LHR

Hola!

My check in time was the same, at 15:00… But I was there at 12:15, and no questions asked… I think I waited about 15 minutes to board and was on the ship by 13:00 at the latest… Not sure how aware you are of the boarding process, but when you arrive, you will be given a coloured, lettered card and directed a seating/waiting area. When they call your colour and number, you will then approach the "check-in" desks, where you will be processed and your pictures and things taken, key cards issued and paperwork completed, then straight through security and onto the ship… Just for info.

Seeing as you are taking the little one with you, I would say you should get there earlier, so you can take your time getting through security and the formalities with the family in tow, in your own good time, without feeling rushed and hassled.

I see it all the time at airports, stressed out, hassled parents, going through security and getting wound up etc… Not the best way to start a holiday.

Hope you have an amazing time! :)

T6

:)

thanks for the advice again T6 - we'll head there as soon as we arrive in Southampton and hope for the best :)

There are plenty of seats in the terminal, so even if there is a delay before you board, you and your family should be comfortable.

We have had the experience of walking onboard immediately and we have also had the experience of a more lengthy wait (an hour and a half)--but never any true inconvenience.

Once on the ship, the first thing DH and I do is stop in our cabin, so we can drop carry-ons etc. We set-up the safe and dispense with wallets and things we wish to lock-away.

Then, we look for something to eat.

The buffet (deck 7) will be serving lunch. It can be a little ; ) chaotic in the buffet (aka Kings Court)---find a table a ways beyond the commotion and you will be fine. We often carry our trays to the Winter Garden.

There is always a lot more activity (and people bustling around) on the day you board. You will be amazed, once at-sea, how the crowds will thin.