Sagrada Familia

BNguy

Pardon another post on this subject but just wanted to ask if anyone had experienced this issue. We dock in Barcelona on Oct. 26, a Sunday, about noon and had wanted to visit this church that afternoon. However, when I go to the church website, it shows that there are no spaces available after 12:45 that particular day, which means we are probably out of luck. So here is the question (actually there are two), has any one else experienced this issue, and if so, is it still possible to walk up and get into the church? I know probably a stupid question, but you can't learn if you don't ask.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Pretty sure the limited spaces are only for going up in the tower(s). You don't need a reservation just to go inside the church.

Correct...we were very lucky the walkup line took less than 15min and we were inside..plenty to see without going up in the tower's.

Please recheck for reservations. We didn't book for the tower, simply entrance to the church. We had 1pm reservations. Walked right up and were admitted. The line for those without pre purchased tix stretched around the corner. No need to waste valuable time in such a vibrant city waiting on line.

La Sagrada Familia is a sight to behold.

Enjoy your trip.

Just an aside, I have checked and rechecked for the reservations I wanted to make and it still shows no availability after 12:45pm on that Sunday. It also shows the same thing on a couple of Sundays in September so it might be special events at the church. I have written their contact in an email and will hopefully get an answer.

Thank you for all who have replied, your replies give me some hope that we can still get in that afternoon.

We were just at Sagrada Familia on Sunday, July 23. The line was around the block. We had to get back to our cruise ship so we just took photos of the outside and left. If you are part of an organized tour you can skip the line and go right in but Hop on Hop off bus does not get you to the front of the line.

Our taxi driver dropped us up on the opposite side of the church, so we had to walk all the way around. You enter on the side closest to the park called "Placa de Sagrada Familia", on Carrer de Sardenya. Here is a google map of that:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4031663,2.1741982,236m/data=!3m1!1e3

There are some places to eat around there, but haven't eaten there. We went to a Starbucks just across the street from the side of the Placa, on Carrer de Mallorca. There are some cafes on that street.