Scuba Diving in San Juan

Mishelle

Hi, My daughter is becoming Scuba certified. We will be in San Juan for Nov 18 & 19th before our cruise on the 20th. I would like to know if someone could recommend a place for her to Scuba in San Juan. Thanks for your help. Michelle

Hi, My daughter is becoming Scuba certified. We will be in San Juan for Nov 18 & 19th before our cruise on the 20th. I would like to know if someone could recommend a place for her to Scuba in San Juan. Thanks for your help. Michelle

no decent diving in or around San Juan .... no a tourist diving destination

sorry

From what I understand, it is at least a 2 hour drive from San Juan to where there is decent diving. If you aren't very particular, there is diving in San Juan, but it doesn't compare to the good diving in Puerto Rico. There is a dive shop at one of the hotels that does local diving in San Juan. I just wish I could remember the name of the hotel.

Thanks for the information. She has decided to save her money and just do the dives on the other Islands. She did say nothing could be worse then diving in NY there was hardly any visibility. Once again thanks for the quick reply's. Michelle

Mishelle

Good choice. My wife and I dove in San Juan Feb,2005. Visibility was 6 feet. You could only see the feet of your buddy. My wife was getting Nitrox certified so we elected to dive. All in all we had a great boat ride, with lunch. My wife got nitrox certified and she had the experience of very limited visibility diving. While the diving sucked, the experience was worthwhile for her.

Archived