Pirate night, New Year's Eve, Formal night and fireworks?

chamima

We'll be sailing on the Fantasy over New Years.

The second day is a sea day and New Year's Eve (second to last day) is a sea day.

I originally thought New Year's would be a formal night and they would save the fireworks until then but then wondered if Disney would just make that night Pirate's Night.

Does anyone have any experience with sailing over New Year's and what Disney does with Pirate Night on a New Year's cruise?

(Only asking because our granddaughter is deciding when to schedule her Bibbity Bobbity Boutique experience.)

Thanks!

The second day is a sea day and New Year's Eve (second to last day) is a sea day.

I originally thought New Year's would be a formal night and they would save the fireworks until then but then wondered if Disney would just make that night Pirate's Night.

Does anyone have any experience with sailing over New Year's and what Disney does with Pirate Night on a New Year's cruise?

(Only asking because our granddaughter is deciding when to schedule her Bibbity Bobbity Boutique experience.)

Thanks!

Fireworks are normally just one night I do not think they would change it myself. They do not change it for 4th July, the suppliers of the fireworks deliver to a port for it to go on the ship there are limitations on how much and how long they gave them onboard. So I wouldn't think they would change it but gave an internal celebration that night. To add there are a lot of children onboard they will not all stay awake to midnight, and wouldn't want yo be woken by fireworks.

Have Bibbity Bobbity Boutique experience first see day for formal night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Thanks!

Typically, there are fireworks on one night only - Pirate night. There are limits to the number of pyrotechnics they can have onboard. Not enough to do two shows. Formal night is typically the second night (first sea day) and semi-formal the second to last night. I don't think they would move Pirate night.

There are all kinds of regulations governing the fireworks--how many and how long they can be on the ship, minimum and max distance the ship is allowed to be from the port (this may vary with different ports), etc. So I doubt that pirate night would change.

As to the others, your best bet may be to call DCL. They have all that planned out and can confirm what is scheduled for you trip. Yes, formal/semi-formal could change because of the holiday, but the normal schedule is in the posts above.

So you're all saying you think New Year's will be pirate night?

I only expected fireworks once but just wondered if they would change Pirate night to the first sea day (without the the fireworks) and have a formal night (with the fireworks) on the last sea day. (New Years)

Thanks once again Moki'sMommmy - when the cruise gets closer I'll call Disney.

Most cruise line central offices have no idea what the programming is on their ships. It's nice to hear Disney is different.

Edited by chamima

So you're all saying you think New Year's will be pirate night?

I only expected fireworks once but just wondered if they would change Pirate night to the first sea day (without the the fireworks) and have a formal night (with the fireworks) on the last sea day. (New Years)

Thanks once again Moki'sMommmy - when the cruise gets closer I'll call Disney.

Most cruise line central offices have no idea what the programming is on their ships. It's nice to hear Disney is different.

They will not swap it formal night will be the first sea day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did New Years on board. They did fireworks at midnight on New Years. We found seat up on 13 Stbd FWD and had a great view. Wait staff also came around with small champagne or nonalcoholic champagne for free.

My DW said there was pirate night, and ALSO fireworks at midnight new years. I think that was the "optional" formal night because people were more dressed up on deck waiting for the fireworks.

The ship is still deccorated for Christmas, was def a great trip

We did New Years on board. They did fireworks at midnight on New Years. We found seat up on 13 Stbd FWD and had a great view. Wait staff also came around with small champagne or nonalcoholic champagne for free.

My DW said there was pirate night, and ALSO fireworks at midnight new years. I think that was the "optional" formal night because people were more dressed up on deck waiting for the fireworks.

The ship is still decorated for Christmas, was def a great trip

Thank you for all of the information (even where to get a good seat! :D ).

BTW - I think Disney is the only (at least the first we've experienced) cruise line to have a Deck 13. Everyone else goes from 12 to 14.

I was hoping someone who had actually sailed on New Year's would reply so i really appreciate your response!

(Now our granddaughter will either have to save a LOT for two Bibbity Bobbity experiences or decide between New Year's and Pirate night.)