Will be docked in Falmouth. What to do there?

NCteacherlovescruising

I really wanted to go to the falls, but an hour each way seems like a long ride. Is there anything else to do near this port besides go to Margaritaville? It will be our first trip to Jamaica. Is it safe to do much outside the port area?

I highly recommend going to Secret Falls! It is not that bad of a ride- TOTALLY worth it, when you arrive and see it in person! We went in November and used Libertytoursjamaica and had the BEST day of our vacation on that tour. Ricardo is the main man, but he also has other tour drivers as well. This company is rated high on Trip Advisor. We did a lot of research before choosing them, and we were 100 percent satisfied!

The cruise excursions are way over crowded, only take you to Dunn's River Falls and you will be there with other cruiseline ship passengers as well. We chose Libertytours to get away from that. Secret Falls was very private, not toursity with very few passengers. We felt as though we had the falls to ourselves. Look at their website and watch the video that is posted and you will want to go there- no doubt!

www.libertytoursjamaica.com

• 2 weeks later...
I really wanted to go to the falls, but an hour each way seems like a long ride. Is there anything else to do near this port besides go to Margaritaville? It will be our first trip to Jamaica. Is it safe to do much outside the port area?

Totally agree with the above poster! Libertytoursjamaica and Secret Falls were well worth the drive. I would venture out for sure and not just stay at the port.