Mobile Phones

This is all so confusing :eek:

Until this year I had a bog standard PAYG phone. I too it abroad, no problems. Just used it for texting, unless needed to call urgently.

This year I have upgraded to a "smart" phone. I took it to Salou, but it wouldn't work, so I had to buy a cheap Spanish phone and card (mine couldn't be unlocked) as my daughter and family were in a different hotel and it was the only way we could make contact.

When I came home, I put an old sim card in (as the Spanish one wouldn't work here!) and am planning to take it with me on our next cruise (Iceland). It will work there won't it with a British simcard? I shall leave the "smart" phone at home and take my "stupid" one :D

I do have whatsap on my phone, but will I be able to upload it on my Nexus?

QUOTE: "I'm just back from a trip on Spirit and still have the text from my provider (Orange) telling me how much it would be if I use the ships network. I believe these charges would be same regardless of the UK network you use.

It comes up as 'Cellular at Sea' and is classed as a USA network."

We are with Tesco Mobile and received a text from them saying "Welcome to USA" We were sailing from Corfu to Malta at the time! The above explains why!

I won't list all our charges but they were a little bit cheaper than hgt's. Needles to say I didn't make any calls while at sea. I tend to just text friends and family when in port.