San Francisco Pier Car Rental

joelmarj

Anyone know of a convenient way to get a car rental when we dock in San Francisco? We want to drive down to Carmel after getting off the ship (Celebrity Infinity) so we want to know if there are any car rental agencies right there or that have a shuttle that would take us close by. I don't want to go to the airport or have to taxi around town if there's something more convenient.

• 1 month later...

I believe the closest one is Enterprise rent-a-car on Beach Street. It is about a 2 1/2 block walk from the ship dock. Not a far walk, and should be managable with one rolling luggage per person. Not positive about the street but you walk on the street that is the backside of the Pier 39 parking lot. The other side of this street is a bus yard (where many of our MUNI buses are maintained). The next block is a couple of motels and the other side is the Sheraton Hotel. The car rental location is in the next block in the middle.

Maybe the Sheraton Hotel will have a car rental lobby?

• 1 year later...

Hi, Andy, it's me, Lindsay from S.C. We sailed on the Sun Princess together in 2003. I have a question about car rentals. We're sailing down to Mexico for 10 days in April 2007. Would it work if I wanted to rent a car one-way from S.C. to S.F. and drop it off somewhere close to the terminal...and then rent another car to drive back home to then drop off at the rental agency here? I wouldn't mind doing that instead of parking my car in the garage. It's new and I'm still paranoid about dings and dents. :p You can e-mail me at Linsifer@aol.com

We live in Scotts Valley, on Monterey Bay... when we returned from our Coral Princess cruise in San Francisco we rented from Hertz by Fishermans Wharf... took taxi to Hertz office and was reimbursed by Hertz...

Andy

Archived