Shuttle bus in Marseille?.

dillie

I just got back from my cruise which stopped in Marseilles. The signage says that the bus only runs on Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon, but we were there on a Wednesday and it was working! The bus picked us up a short distance from where we disembarked and it dropped us off a few blocks away from the Marseille Cathedral. Very easy!

We got off the ship and there was a bus waiting on the quayside, it took us to the entrance of the port.

From there we walked to the old fort which was free to enter and explore. We then walked up to the port area, took the free "ferry" across the harbour and explored a bit.

Le Petit Train apparently took you up to the church overlooking the port, we did not realise this until later, wish we had done that.

It was a lovely relaxing day and DS got the most amazing ice cream - 6 flavours shaped on the cone like a flower with petals.

Thanks for the info, MsJaydee. A boat sounds like a fun way to get to the Old Port & Fortress! I take it that Liberty offered it? Just curious: how much did it cost? HAL charged us $14 per person for a round trip bus ride, which seemed way overpriced.

To be honest I can't remember exactly, I got a feeling it was closer to $20. And yes it was a Liberty only thing and they promoted it and you had to get your ticket on the Ship

But it was fun, a beautiful way to travel into Marseille old town.....and what the heck I'm on holiday.

Everybody has different choices or ways of doing things, I don't like to think or plan too hard on my holidays. If someone provides an easy option I often take it rather than work out if I could do it a $ cheaper another way