Carnival Dream question

pcbcruiser

We are thinking of cruising out of New Orleans on the Carnival Dream next February.

My friend was wanting a balcony but from reviews I've read on this forum it may not be worth it because other cruisers say the view is just looking down on other floors. However I have read good reviews about cove balconies. What are your thoughts on Veranda balcony against cove balcony or against oceanview on the back of the ship.

My husband and I on the other hand like inside rooms becaus of the darness, would you recommend the Main deck or the Upper deck? One is below activity and one is above activity.

thanks for your help fellow cruisers!:)

We had a balcony on the Upper deck on our June 29th cruise and were not really that thrilled with it. Our friends had a cove balcony and loved it. Very private. We wish we could have had one of those instead.

We had a Clound 9 spa balcony on Deck 12 (I think) on the Breeze and loved it. So, I would either go up high or down low.

Just got off the Dream yesterday and had a balcony and loved loved loved it. We booked cabin 7455 which is an L shaped in the Aft of the ship. The promanade on deck 5 narrows at the Aft so it isn't really obstructive of the view. I can't speak about the quality of a stay in the cove balconies.

We had a Cove Balcony on the Repositioning cruise in April and it was AMAZING. Extremely private, spacious, and relaxing. My personal opinion is that being that close to the water is very cool. You can feel, smell, hear the water. By no means am I suggesting other Balcony cabins are not great cabins, but we will definitely be cooking a Cove Balcony every time we sail in the Dream class ships.

On deck 5, there is an outdoor walkway that goes around the entire ship. It's skinnier towards the front & back (along the sides), but it sticks way out in certain spots, such as the hot tubs & chess boards. In the average spots, I wouldn't want a deck 6 or 7 balcony. For someone on that outdoor deck, it's very easy to see onto the balconies of deck 6 and somewhat onto deck 7. Above the hot tubs, I would also avoid decks 8 & 9. Looking down, you see deck, not water. That's true even if you're way up high, but it's not as big of a deal there.

But still, I would greatly prefer a cove balcony to any other. Being close to the water is so much better, whether or not you see dolphins or flying fish. We didn't, but we still liked being so close & watching the water rush by & actually seeing the water when looking down. They should get a cove balcony below the midship dining room, or any that are forward from the midship elevators. The ones from the midship elevators & back are below the galley/kitchen, and some of those are below very noisy spots late into the overnight.

For you, I would definitely say to go with deck 2, again below the midship dining room. Or below the aft dining room, but I prefer the midship spot. The dining rooms are carpeted, so you can't hear much if anything. Plus, it's totally empty all night long. I also like porthole rooms, the category PT with the 2 twins/1 king bed. But they sell out very quick. 2220 & 2221 are really good ones.

Edited by k2excursion