Carnival Breeze....A few cabin questions before sailing

Kpurdy79

Hi All!

My husband and I just booked a 6 day on the Breeze for September 7th going to (Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel). :D:D We decided we wanted to try a Lido balcony cabin for the first time. When talking to Carnival and trying to choose our room, she was very convincing that we wanted to stick with a Starboard side balcony for this itinerary. When asked why, she said because they always book up first :confused:. So we grabbed one that was left. The problem is that it is Forward instead of Midship (10259) and now I'm worried that we will be disappointed not being Midship. Any insight into the side of the ship we should really be on from experience? And is there really a lot more rocking being in the front of the ship? I am going back and forth if we should change midship Port side or stick with what we have.

Thanks everyone!!

Forward balconies are more windy. However, aren't they furthest away from all the public spaces on the Lido? That would be an advantage there. You'll need to balance wind vs noise. We had a cove on the Breeze and I highly recommend those. :)

You are only 2 cabins away from what is considered mid-ship. I looked at the deck plans and your cabin is slightly forward of the forward elevator hallway. Most foot traffice to the elevators will be thru the more mid-ship hallway between the forward elevators and the glass atrium elevators. You are several cabins away from this potentially nosier area. I would keep that cabin.

Your cabin seems to be in a good location and unless the seas are very rough, you should be fine motion wise. As far as what is better port or starboard..... Grand Cayman is a tender port so does not matter which side you have. Ocho Rios and Cozumel, there is a 50/50 chance you will be on the actual port side. Depends on which berths are available and the whim of the captain on the given day as to how he chooses to park the ship.

The Lido Deck and Panorama Deck are my favorites. Just steps to the Main pool area and food options.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yeah on that itinerary the side of the ship is really 50/50 so I'd be inclined not to act on their advice. As for location, we've never had an issue with noise on Lido/Panorama balconies. We usually try to be just forward of the elevators as the ones further back tend to be a little heavier traffic. Very convenient being able to walk right out to Lido and having the atrium elevators right there. Not far from anywhere!

We were just on the Breeze in May and in Cabin 10249. So, just a couple down from where you will be. I don't think you will regret it. It's a great location. We didn't notice any motion. It's close to everything and it was pretty quiet. If it was me, I'd stay where you are. Hope you have a great trip. It was our best cruise so far! :)

My last four cruises have been on the lido deck. This includes a cruise on the Breeze last year. We usually stay about 3 or 4 cabins in from the double doors. Noise will be no problem at all. We won't stay anywhere else but the lido now. You won't regret where you are at

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Considering the 8 day itinerary to ABC islands. Have aft ext balcony 6476 on hold. Any thoughts on this cabin? How big is the balcony?

The balcony will be the standard width but about twice as deep as a standard balcony. Checked on the cruise deck plans site and there is a note for Deck 6 aft that cabins are located directly above the speakers for the comedy club lounge below on deck 5 and may experience noise until late at night. Also, Deck 5/Promenade goes all the way around the back of the ship and extends beyond deck 6 meaning anyone walking around the back of Deck 5 will have a pretty clear view of your balcony.

If you are okay with that, then you should be good to go. If this is a deal breaker, you may want to pick a deck with cabins above and below you.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

I too am on starboard lido balcony on the Breeze.

The way I've seen from the webcam in Miami the Breeze usually docks port side there and makes a 180 degree turn in the turning basin at sailaway. But, I have seen it docked on the starboard side. It just depends on the port schedule.

In Cozumel, the ship will dock port side towards the island so your view will be of ocean...only if another ship doesn't dock on that side. This is just as much a chance for a ship on the port side.

Grand cayman, the ship anchors off shore and wind can move the ship so both sides get a great view.

So in my opinion...its a coin toss for either side. :) Not sure why the starboard side would sell out first. Maybe the Pvp had a bet going as to who could sell the most starboard/port cabins...

Edited by PDsandman01

We were in 10240 which is opposite side but more forward and we had no problems with rocking or the wind. Loved being on the lido

Glad to hear this, we are in the same cabin when we cruise in September.

( :D Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I'd love to see some pictures of the cabin, of you have any ?? Thanks :) )

Edited by Kel040