TA Silhouette Oct 31st 2015

smiele6

• 3 weeks later...

I am on this sailing as well. Booked months ago and started a thread, but I guess it's pages down. This will be my first TA, but 19th cruise. As of now, sailing solo which I have done before. The TA cruise is one of my bucket list items. Wayne from Arlington, VA.

• 3 weeks later...
Partner and I just booked Silhouette for Transatlantic crossing Oct 31st, 2015. Can anyone share your experience on board this ship

My husband and I booked this cruise recently. We have been on the Silhouette once and enjoyed it. There were a lot of gay and lesbian cruisers on board along with a group from Pied Piper. The Martini Bar was very busy in the evening and a great place to meet people. We used to prefer the smaller Millennium class ships, however they have removed a lot of public areas by adding staterooms so Solstice class it is.

See you on board !!

My husband and I booked this cruise recently. We have been on the Silhouette once and enjoyed it. There were a lot of gay and lesbian cruisers on board along with a group from Pied Piper. The Martini Bar was very busy in the evening and a great place to meet people. We used to prefer the smaller Millennium class ships, however they have removed a lot of public areas by adding staterooms so Solstice class it is.

See you on board !!

Looking forward to this cruise. Are you going over early? As Italy is my favorite place in the world, I am planning to spend a few extra days in Roma.

Looking forward to this cruise. Are you going over early? As Italy is my favorite place in the world, I am planning to spend a few extra days in Roma.

We are not sure yet as to when we will be arriving. We're doing the cruise before the TA so we will be arriving sometime prior to the Oct 17th departure. Rome is also one our favorite cities and we spent 5 nights there before our TA last November.

• 3 months later...
Partner and I just booked Silhouette for Transatlantic crossing Oct 31st, 2015. Can anyone share your experience on board this ship

My eye caught this thread and although I am not on this TA, I wanted to respond to you since my spouse and I sailed on the Silhouette's westbound TA this year, same itinerary.

Hands down it was one of the best trips we've ever taken. The ship is stunning, the staff and crew were terrific, the food was excellent, and the ports were interesting. (And we spent several days in Rome pre-cruise.) We also lucked out with exceptional weather.

I can't say what you'll encounter next year, onboard or otherwise (although I'm sure the ship will still be stunning :) ), but I fully expect you'll have a great time. There are folks who have been doing this same TA every year for years. We might even do it again, but we didn't want to do it two years in a row.

If you or anyone has any specific questions, please ask.

Have a great crossing!

My eye caught this thread and although I am not on this TA, I wanted to respond to you since my spouse and I sailed on the Silhouette's westbound TA this year, same itinerary.

Hands down it was one of the best trips we've ever taken. The ship is stunning, the staff and crew were terrific, the food was excellent, and the ports were interesting. (And we spent several days in Rome pre-cruise.) We also lucked out with exceptional weather.

I can't say what you'll encounter next year, onboard or otherwise (although I'm sure the ship will still be stunning :) ), but I fully expect you'll have a great time. There are folks who have been doing this same TA every year for years. We might even do it again, but we didn't want to do it two years in a row.

If you or anyone has any specific questions, please ask.

Have a great crossing!

Thanks for your comments. Looking forward to it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'll be travelling with you on this cruise.

My husband does not like sea days (which pretty much eliminates most cruises), so I will be travelling with my parents. They are older now and this will probably be the last long trip that I will be doing with them.

We are arriving in Rome on Oct 27 staying at the Hotel ****onale next to Parliament. I've been to Rome a few times in the past but my parents have not so it will be exciting to show them some of the things I've already seen.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

There is a very active thread on the role call board for this cruise.

Brad

Hi All,

I'll be travelling with you on this cruise.

My husband does not like sea days (which pretty much eliminates most cruises), so I will be travelling with my parents. They are older now and this will probably be the last long trip that I will be doing with them.

We are arriving in Rome on Oct 27 staying at the Hotel ****onale next to Parliament. I've been to Rome a few times in the past but my parents have not so it will be exciting to show them some of the things I've already seen.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

There is a very active thread on the role call board for this cruise.

Brad

Hey Brad - I agree about the roll call. It is so active that I have to visit several times each week to keep from getting behind. Similar to your husband, my other half also hates sea days. As of now traveling solo, but there is a very good chance that a friend will join me. That will at least keep me from paying the single supplement.

I am planning to arrive on 10/29 (10/28 departure) but unsure if I want to stay both nights in Rome or just one. Have been to Rome 4 times and thinking I may want to head down to the port area for one night at least. Hopefully we will have a good size LGBT group on board.

Wayne