family of 5

mrmet1986

Some ships do accommodate 5 in a cabin (Dream class and the older Victory/Triumph/Sunshine and Fantasy class ships).

With that said, also consider connecting cabins, even if your kids are very young. The price difference is many times very manageable and you end up with two bathrooms, double the space, and a quiet area. For our last family cruise with our 2 and 4 year old kids, we has connecting oceanview cabins and it was PHENOMENAL! One cabin was the kids play area with their toys, strollers, DVD players, etc while the other cabin was the quiet zone. The connecting door remained open the entire time, but it was nice to have some space to stretch and watch TV while the kids played next door.

Oh! And don't forget that your twins must be at least 6 moths old. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Are you saying we can get connecting cabins no matter what the age of the kids are ? Can i get connecting inside cabins ?

Yes. It doesn't matter the age of the kids. About connecting inside cabins, check on the individual ship that you're interested in for availability. I don't see inside connecting cabins on the Splendor which sails from New York, but they do have oceanview connecting cabins. Also, consider other family friendly cruise lines that sail from the NYC area. Norwegian and Royal Caribbean are worth looking into.

Edited by Tapi

The 5-person deluxe OV cabins on the Dream class ships have an extra half bathroom, which includes a sink & small tub/shower. 2 people can be showering or getting ready at the same time. Only the 1 toilet. There is a sofa bed & 2 upper bunks. 1 of the uppers is over part or all of one of your beds. Still, you might find connecting OV cabins on another ship to be about the same price as one of these.

Yes. It doesn't matter the age of the kids. About connecting inside cabins, check on the individual ship that you're interested in for availability. I don't see inside connecting cabins on the Splendor which sails from New York, but they do have oceanview connecting cabins. Also, consider other family friendly cruise lines that sail from the NYC area. Norwegian and Royal Caribbean are worth looking into.

The OV cabins on the Splendor are 220sq ft.

Somewhat related to this I'll be bringing my 6 year old stepson on my next cruise. It's thanksgiving week on the glory. Is there enough stuff to keep a kid that age occupied? This is only my 2nd cruise and last time I paid no attention to kid stuff at all.

My wife and I took our 3 daughters, ages 17, 13 and 9 on the Paradise in an OV room a couple years ago. It was tight in that room. If I ever do it again, I will get adjoining rooms.