Bicycle Excursions -Mediterranean Medley

My husband & I will be traveling on the Dream from Sept.6 (b2b itinerary) and would be interested in hearing from others who have done any bike excursions, particularly in Livorno.

This will be our 9th cruise and secretly this is something I have always wanted to do but concerned that one has to be rather 'sporty',or use to riding a bike regularly. Do they cater for a range of abilities? I have lost 4 stone over the past 2 years so figure that has to be a plus. Have never ridden in traffic. Have people enjoyed these trips?

My husband & I will be traveling on the Dream from Sept.6 (b2b itinerary) and would be interested in hearing from others who have done any bike excursions, particularly in Livorno.

This will be our 9th cruise and secretly this is something I have always wanted to do but concerned that one has to be rather 'sporty',or use to riding a bike regularly. Do they cater for a range of abilities? I have lost 4 stone over the past 2 years so figure that has to be a plus. Have never ridden in traffic. Have people enjoyed these trips?

We have done them from the Celebration; they cater for all ages & abilities - did our first one when my son was 12 & daughter 15. You do need to be able to ride a bike competently & have road awareness as they do take you on roads & in some cases we have been on main roads but not many.

They are a fantastic way of seeing more of the destination than just walking & as you cycle you get a breeze that does cool you down a little! They often include a beach stop too which is great!

We are on the Dream soon & my OH (who is a keen cyclist!) has booked to cycle Palma & Motril; we are opting out this time though!

Any other questions, please ask!

Thank you Jules. I guess I will continue with my bike training at the gym and see what happens on the day. I must admit, as I drive to & from work each day I look at bicyclist and think I could never face biking in cities. Too much traffic to contend with. Hmmm perhaps I should just stick with feet. :rolleyes:

Thank you Jules. I guess I will continue with my bike training at the gym and see what happens on the day. I must admit, as I drive to & from work each day I look at bicyclist and think I could never face biking in cities. Too much traffic to contend with. Hmmm perhaps I should just stick with feet. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I would brave Livorno but would probably do the other ports of call although we are doing that cruise too & will be DIY-ing by foot as it seems pretty easy to do & there are 4 of us so it works out quite expensive to pay for 4!