Accomadation for family of five walking distance to circular quay

Hi all we are looking to stay two nights before we cruise any info

On where to stay with three children and hopefully do a bit of site seeing.

Nothing to pricy would rather spend the money on the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stay at BreakFree on George as it is reasonably priced, centrally located and close to the OPT. Lots of fantastic Asian restaurants around (in China Town) and the little tourist bus stops right out the front.

You can get some good deals through Groupon/Wotif at times, only down side is it can be a bit noisy on weekends (ask for a room above level 5 & keep the windows locked if you have young children - although I am paranoid!).

Cheers,

Michelle. :D

Quay Grand Suites. If you type in a search engine Pullman Quay Grand or Quay Grand Suites it will come up.

They offer family suites overlooking the terminal that the ship will dock and have a door right on quay level with a sheltered walk almost entirely to the cruise terminal.

The benefit of this hotel is that it is safe, secure, offers family rooms and could easily accommodate your numbers all in one single room.

You also get a fully equipped kitchen with utensils and a wide range of cooking implements. There is also laundry facilities and a dryer in the room.

Quay Grand Suites.

They offer family suites overlooking the terminal that the ship will dock and have a door right on quay level with a sheltered walk almost entirely to the cruise terminal.

Yes...but at over $800 per night:eek:

A Family room for 5 at the YHA place in Cumberland St with private bathroom etc. would cost about $200/night

Don't be put off by the fact that this is a YHA/Backpacker place...it really is a fine place for a family to stay.

cheers

I have had the YHA at the rocks recommended to me. It is possible to book family rooms with en suite, air con, tv etc so basically your typical motel room. I am late 50s and have stayed at youth hostels all over the world, usually booking a single room but shared when necessary. its a wonderful atmosphere, similar to caravan park laundry/bbq areas. Anything you need to know you will find out from other travellers, and after all isn't that just what we are doing here?? sharing information with other like minded travellers.

An option intermediate in price between the YHA and Quay Grand Suites would be the York Apartment Hotel on York St. -- at most a 10 min walk (slightly downhill) from the York to Circular Quay. Their 2-bedroom apartments (plus large living room with couch) might suit your needs. The units have full kitchens. We have stayed there twice, and will probably return.

John

Edited by J-D

As a Sydney travel agent I'd suggest a two bedroom apartment at the Mantra Bond St. Walking distance to everything and opposite Wynyard railway station should you want to travel a bit further, such as across the Bridge. Middle of the road price range and about 4 star rating.

• 1 month later...