Liberty August 9th Cruise Terminal Change

FireEater

Just a heads up for those going on the August 9th Liberty cruise out of

Port Canaveral. They will be boarding at one terminal and coming back to another terminal.

Here is the email I just got:

August 5, 2014

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Liberty. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information regarding our embarkation plans.

The Carnival Liberty will be docking at Terminal 10 when she returns from her current voyage. Therefore, when you arrive at the port for check-in, please be sure to look for signs leading you to Terminal 10.

However, when we return, we will be docking at Terminal 6. Complimentary shuttle service will be available to take you to the parking facilities at Terminal 10.

If you will be picked up by friends, family, or commercial transportation when you return from your cruise, please let them know they should pick you up at Terminal 6.

We highly recommend that you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

We can't wait to welcome you aboard!

See you soon!

How did the luggage luging go? They load the bus with bags or did you have to drive back to the new terminal to pick up luggage and passengers?

Can't help you there. We took our luggage to the shuttle back to the hotel where we were parked.

Am wondering how they handle getting the handicapped back to their cars. My husband is in an electric wheelchair and I use a rolling walker. Naturally we cannot drag our luggage with us.

Anyone know.

You come off the ship, Carnival reps point you to the shuttle. They load your bags, you ride the full size bus back to terminal 10. Maybe 15 minutes after I left the ship, I was in the parking garage at terminal 10 loading my truck. Liberty cruise that returned 07/27

Thanks so much for posting.

I'm not on your cruise, but the Sunshine and Liberty are in port on my Sept 13th departure on the Liberty. I knew we'd leave from Terminal 10 and return to Terminal 6.

Two years ago, also on the Liberty, we returned to a different terminal in Miami. They had the bus transfer system. I was hesitant about it; but it really worked out great.

I was hoping they had the same set-up at Port Canaveral; I'm glad to see they do and it appears to be working as well.

Edited by CruzinScotty

Omg the only reason I booked this trip was I wanted to that at term 10

I do hope the plan on compensating me

They will take care of you.....:D

Thanks so much for posting.

I'm not on your cruise, but the Sunshine and Liberty are in port on my Sept 13th departure on the Liberty. I knew we'd leave from Terminal 10 and return to Terminal 6.

Two years ago, also on the Liberty, we returned to a different terminal in Miami. They had the bus transfer system. I was hesitant about it; but it really worked out great.

I was hoping they had the same set-up at Port Canaveral; I'm glad to see they do and it appears to be working as well.

I have been reading a ton of boards and read recently that the porters drop the bags off at the bus and the only lonely bus driver loads the bags onto the bus, making it a slow process. When asked by a guest to one of the long shore men why they do not help, he was told "not my job"....:eek:

I expect a bit of delay with this process, but I also expect that I will have to leave my wife in her scooter at the curb, go get the car, then come back and pick her up.....:(

I have been reading a ton of boards and read recently that the porters drop the bags off at the bus and the only lonely bus driver loads the bags onto the bus, making it a slow process. When asked by a guest to one of the long shore men why they do not help, he was told "not my job"....:eek:

I thought the porters in Miami could be an issue, but there they loaded the luggage onto the bus.

Hmmm. I will be using a porter. They don't get tipped until they're done. If they don't put the luggage on the bus, part of the tip will just to go the driver instead. ;) But, I don't like that it slows the process down.

Thanks for the head's up.