How did you deal with the non sailing guest limit??

Mjsturg1

Did you just limit your guest list or did you just send out the invites and hope that it fell within the limit?? We were thinking of just polling people to get an idea of how many would actually cruise vs. just attend the ceremony in port.

Our guest list is around 80 people I think and I know that some wont be able to come at all but I'm new to all this planning stuff and we are worried about offending people if we don't invite them but also don't want to have to tell people that there are only so many non sailing guests allowed (50) on Carnival and I'm not sure about NCL as we are debating about going with them.

Thanks in advance for your help !!!

We are planning on being prepared to have everyone we invited show up. So for us because we have such a large guest list (200+ Mainly my family) we preparing for the worst but hoping for the best kind of situation. We have budgeted the cost of all 200+ Just in case.

So you are planning for all 200 to sail ? Carnival only allows 50 non-sailing guests if you have the embarkation wedding which is what we were planning so more people would be able to attend. I mean I doubt I will have 30 people sailing so how do I make sure to stay within the 50 limit since I know that 15-20% of the people will be complete no-shows anyway. It seems complicated or maybe I'm just over thinking it lol :confused::confused::(

So you are planning for all 200 to sail ? Carnival only allows 50 non-sailing guests if you have the embarkation wedding which is what we were planning so more people would be able to attend. I mean I doubt I will have 30 people sailing so how do I make sure to stay within the 50 limit since I know that 15-20% of the people will be complete no-shows anyway. It seems complicated or maybe I'm just over thinking it lol :confused::confused::(

No not over thinking at all you want to be prepared and I understand that! We have invited 200+ people to the wedding and are budgeting for 200+ sailing guests. In our STDs that we sent out we informed everyone that while we would love for individuals to show up for the wedding and NOT sail that sadly there was a limit of how many where allowed to do so. So IF you were planning on NOT sailing, let us know ASAP so we can prepare for that. I am an uber list maker lol and my lists are saving my sanity. since we are not getting married until 2017 we have given everyone plenty of time to save up and put in for time off. so far we have only had 3 individuals inform us that they are in fact not cruising with us due to my SILs extreme fear of deep water. Like you said there will be a lot of no shows so that extra money in the budget will go tword an excursion or something. IMO its is better to budget to much then to little. Did this help you at all or did I make it worse...

No it helped !! I was trying to think of how to word the std or whatever it would need to go on about the limited number and yours is perfect ! I totally forgot that some people would be too afraid to cruise too lol

No it helped !! I was trying to think of how to word the std or whatever it would need to go on about the limited number and yours is perfect ! I totally forgot that some people would be too afraid to cruise too lol

Oh yay I was worried!!! I tend to go off on a tangent lol... Don't stress, don't worry, take a deep breath. everything will work out and you will end up with a beautiful wedding and a Long happy marriage!

We originally planned to get married on the Pride during embarkation day since it's close to my hometown. We polled our friends and family to figure out who might want to sail. We knew our parents and siblings were definitely going to sail and we got some maybes from other family members. We also knew that a lot of my wife's family members couldn't/wouldn't come, but they needed an invitation just the same. Pretty much all of our maybes backed out of sailing, but we would have still been ok because we didn't invite more than we were allowed. We went through the guest list several times cutting people and it got to a point that we each invited a friend and the rest was family. If the friends and our single family members wanted a +1 they had to sail. We ended up having a ceremony at-sea after going on our wedding tour, so all of our guests had to sail after we changed that little detail.

We had quite a few family members back out of sailing because of the Concordia sinking...some of them still bring up the Triumph debacle even thought it happened a month after our wedding.

Are you afraid of having no-shows, Mjsturg? It's pretty rare to happen with cruise weddings because everyone is kind of excited about the venue and there's a bit of planning that goes into it since you have to capture everyone's birthdates and driver's license numbers.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Not everyone who you invite will come.

We were very concerned about the 50 non-sailing guest limit, but with our RSVP deadline being Friday, we have 14 sailing and 18 non-sailing. We live a couple hours away from the port, so it's understandable.

I actually hope the guest list remains small as I've fallen in love with the chapel, and if we get many more guests, that'll be out as a venue :rolleyes:

I actually hope the guest list remains small as I've fallen in love with the chapel, and if we get many more guests, that'll be out as a venue :rolleyes:

That's where we got married. I loved the chapel and I hope it works out for you--it's beautiful.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Did you just limit your guest list or did you just send out the invites and hope that it fell within the limit?? We were thinking of just polling people to get an idea of how many would actually cruise vs. just attend the ceremony in port.

Our guest list is around 80 people I think and I know that some wont be able to come at all but I'm new to all this planning stuff and we are worried about offending people if we don't invite them but also don't want to have to tell people that there are only so many non sailing guests allowed (50) on Carnival and I'm not sure about NCL as we are debating about going with them.

Thanks in advance for your help !!!

We have thus far only sent RSVPs to the people we most want there. We set the time limit to a month before the guest list due date. Then once we get those back we will work from there on inviting additional people if we have room in our guest count.

Personally I wouldnt mind no-shows as long as they rsvp !! I just didnt want to get in a situation where I have to cut people on the non-sailing guest list after they rsvp and say that they want to come because that would be rude lol but I think as long as I word it properly they should know either sail or else it will have to be limited to the 1st 50 who reply back I guess

of course it's my girlfriends (fiance) <----(still can get used to that word yet

lol) family my guest list is under 10 people since I come from a small family and both my parents have passed .

We are definitely going to poll as many as we can anyway before we decide for sure !!

Thanks for all your help !! This forum is such a huge help !!:)

Edited by Mjsturg1