Glory - Cave Tubing question

Sticksnpucks

We're going on the Glory for New Years...can someone please tell me about the cave tubing excursion. My father can not swim, however, he is not afraid of the water and does not panic even when he slips and goes under. How deep is the water in the caves? Thanks so much!!!

Water depth probably varies based on conditions. We were supposed to do the cave tubing in Beleze but due to heavy rains the night before, they cancelled the trip. If you plan to go, you might want to have an alternate plan, just in case.

if you are talking about Belize - we just did it last week - our tour guide said that the water can be as deep as 14'. I do not swim - you can't tell how deep the water is in the cave - but before and after - you could stand in the water- actually your butt hit bottom quite a bit. The hardest part of doing the tubing was the walk to get in the river. It was about 25-30 minutes. I have a bad knee and made it fine. The water was not fast moving - but this can change depending on the season (not sure when the rainy season - so you may want to check that - because this will make a big difference on how deep and how fast the water moves).

Goaliemomsr or anyone who has done the cave tubing,

Can you tell me where you put your personal belongings while tubing down the river???

I have a large group going and they are curious where they put there belongings..

Thanks,

Ave

Goaliemomsr or anyone who has done the cave tubing,

Can you tell me where you put your personal belongings while tubing down the river???

I have a large group going and they are curious where they put there belongings..

Thanks,

Ave

we took extreme and left our stuff in the Van, make sure and feed the kitty in the resturant you eat in on the way back. i wanted to take that cat home with me, but thought customs would have a problem with it.

it was a blast, i wish we were going again this year

I went on an independent tour, but I believe everyone leaves their belongings in whatever van/bus they come in. There is a fairly large parking area where the tours unload, as well as a military and police presence because it is an important tourist destination. I was worried about taking items (such as passports), but they were fine.

Thanks everyone...sounded good until I heard about the walk (thanks Goalie Mom). My Mother has a bad knee and will be having a replacement when we return...not so sure she can make it that long. Is the walk flat and is it a decent trail? Also...do you have to walk far at the end of the tubing?

Thanks everyone...sounded good until I heard about the walk (thanks Goalie Mom). My Mother has a bad knee and will be having a replacement when we return...not so sure she can make it that long. Is the walk flat and is it a decent trail? Also...do you have to walk far at the end of the tubing?

The trail is relatively level but their are several places with natural steps and some tree roots here and there. We used Coral Breeze instead of the ship. The walk was kept at a steady pace with lots of stops to give interesting info on the plants and animals. Not sure how often the ship tour stops, if it stops at all.

Archived