Which plane to LAX?

Hi All, I need to use up some Qantas credit today and am going to book LAX return. I'm on the Gold Coast and am thinking of going via Sydney to fly on the A380, if the economy seats are any better than the 747 direct out of Brisbane. Any recommendations.

PS Promise I will return to cruise questions once I have the flights booked:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Personally if you are flying economy, you may as well go out of Brisbane. If you want to use more points then certainly go via Sydney but the time it takes to get to Sydney and then lay over would well and truely take longer than any flight time saved on the A380.:D

The A380 is far more comfortable and a much better flight. I always deliberately book to get an A380 now when possible. It is a smoother flight. The aircraft can fly higher and avoid lower turbulence. The seats are larger and the cabin more comfortable and more quiet.

There is no way I would ever go back to flying in a 747 after experiencing the A380. Once you have experienced the A380 there is no going back.

The best option for flying economy class when using points is to book the seat and then go to seat selection and pay the nominated fee for "exit row seats" if you meet the fitness requirements to sit in such a seat. That is what I always do. The exit row seats guarantee endless leg room, the ability to stand up when you want, no bothering the person next to you if you have a window and want to get out. You are almost always the first person off the plane and the first one on and you are also served your meals before the rest of economy class.

Thanks, I booked direct from Bris , I was thinking I could fly out of the Gold Coast to Sydney for the a380 but it costs more. Could have flown out of Bris to Sydney for the a380 for no additional charge. Was really just trying to avoid flying out of Brisbane. Now to think about spending $720 more for the two of us to have exit row seats, eek.

Thanks, I booked direct from Bris , I was thinking I could fly out of the Gold Coast to Sydney for the a380 but it costs more. Could have flown out of Bris to Sydney for the a380 for no additional charge. Was really just trying to avoid flying out of Brisbane. Now to think about spending $720 more for the two of us to have exit row seats, eek.

Enjoy your flights.:D

The A380 is far more comfortable and a much better flight. I always deliberately book to get an A380 now when possible. It is a smoother flight. The aircraft can fly higher and avoid lower turbulence. The seats are larger and the cabin more comfortable and more quiet.

There is no way I would ever go back to flying in a 747 after experiencing the A380. Once you have experienced the A380 there is no going back.

The best option for flying economy class when using points is to book the seat and then go to seat selection and pay the nominated fee for "exit row seats" if you meet the fitness requirements to sit in such a seat. That is what I always do. The exit row seats guarantee endless leg room, the ability to stand up when you want, no bothering the person next to you if you have a window and want to get out. You are almost always the first person off the plane and the first one on and you are also served your meals before the rest of economy class.

I have to agree after just doing the LAX and return flight on an A380, but also for future ref if you get your seat selection for economy in quick you can score an upstairs seat at the rear.

The flights on the A380 were so comfortable I didnt even notice they took 15 hours and they were actually pleasurable:confused: lol