Cruise for singles?

Steffaniecruise

You don't need to find a "singles" cruise, just look for an itinerary that you're interested in and book it. In all honesty, singles cruises are generally for those wishing to party hearty and for those looking to hook up. But if you're just interested in a cruise, you can book any ship you want.

I've done more than 35 solo cruises (I prefer to call it that), literally all over the world. Cruising is great for us solos because it's a great way to travel and feel safe, to see places you might not ever see and it's just fun. I choose my cruises based on itinerary, and then choose the ship. I don't worry about other solos being on board because I'm OK being by myself. The only thing I will not do is cruise on a line or ship that has tons of kids-----so I stick with lines like Princess, Celebrity and Crystal.

The only real negative in cruising solo is the single supplement. You're going to pay for your cruise as if it's for two people. You may get lucky and find a cruise with a single supplement lower than 200%, but they are few and far between.

For activities, it makes no difference if you're solo or a couple. Most activities can be done by a solo, so you just plow through and participate.

To avoid tons of kids, don't travel during the summer months, spring breaks and holidays.

Sometimes Royal Caribbean has a single supplement for 150% instead of the 200%. Every Tuesday they have sales on unsold cabins for ships that are departing 4-6 weeks from their sail date. You can see from the link I provided below there are some sailings now for 150% for a single supplement. Ships like Oasis and Allure have so much to do on board, you'll never be able to see and do everything in 1 week. Either one of those ships will keep you very busy. Their sales change weekly and you can often see on a Friday what will be on sale for their Tuesday specials.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Celebrity and Crystal would also be a good choice for singles. Sometimes Crystal has good prices for a single supplement. Don't know your age range, have found Celebrity to attract a much older clientele. Keep in mind, longer cruises will attract older passengers too. It's been years since we've been on Princess so can not comment about their prices.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Careful of terminology singles tends to mean pick up fun cruise

Solo is for people travelling alone who are after a different sort of fun out of their cruise

As the other poster said find an itinerary you like and book it but book a line that is likely to have your age group on board for that type of itinerary

Don't want to get lumbered with lots if kids or the retirement home if that's not what you want

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All of my cruises have been solo and I've never felt out of place or a "third wheel" because I was by myself. As has been posted, simply pick an itinerary, the ship, and the time of year and go for it.

Your single supplement will be determined by the length of the cruise and the category of the cabin. My SS (single supplement) is "generally" 140-170% of the base price.

I cruise solo and prefer those ships that have solo meetings so that you can get to meet up with like minded people. it is also a chance to meet up for a drink, pre or post dinner, or go ashore with one or a group of people and generally have a lovely time on board I would not go on a singles cruise specifically as to me that is for picking people up.

Last February, I sailed my first solo cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway. Three of the line's ships have solo cabins and I understand that RCCL's Quantum also has them. There are NO single supplement charges. These cabins are inside cabins and have a dedicated lounge just for the solo passengers. The solos met each night with a cruise line rep and we planned a few dinners together. I met some wonderful new friends at the first gathering and we met for drinks, entertainment and tours after that. I would do it again in a heartbeat.