carnival excursion - grand turk

SuperGrace2002

If I buy a carnival excursion that says only takes 2 hours - we will be in Grand Turk about 6 hours - is there a cost to use the pool at Margaretville when we get back or just the drinks/food?

Also does anyone know if the conch graveyard is easy to get to from the beach at the port, any pictures?

This will be my second cruise so I am ok spending the extra money on a carnival based excursion so that I am for sure safe on them holding the boat if excursions run late.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

the pool is free to use anytime at margarittaville. The conch graveyard is very easy to find. When you get off the pier right after the welcome to Grand Turk sign turn to your right and follow the path, it will bring you to a rocky beach just walk along there and you will find it. I would have had pictures but forgot my camera on the Victory on my last visit ( never got it returned even though had my name and address on it) So that is why I am returning to the Victory on Monday :D :D

the pool is free to use anytime at margarittaville. The conch graveyard is very easy to find. When you get off the pier right after the welcome to Grand Turk sign turn to your right and follow the path, it will bring you to a rocky beach just walk along there and you will find it. I would have had pictures but forgot my camera on the Victory on my last visit ( never got it returned even though had my name and address on it) So that is why I am returning to the Victory on Monday :D :D

Awesome thank you. Sorry about your camera.

If I buy a carnival excursion that says only takes 2 hours - we will be in Grand Turk about 6 hours - is there a cost to use the pool at Margaretville when we get back or just the drinks/food?

Also does anyone know if the conch graveyard is easy to get to from the beach at the port, any pictures?

This will be my second cruise so I am ok spending the extra money on a carnival based excursion so that I am for sure safe on them holding the boat if excursions run late.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Save your money for another port. Grand Turk is very small and a great beach day.

We love Jacks Shack its a short walk down the beach.Heres a website to print out a voucher for a free shot of rum :)

http://www.jacksshack.tc

By the way if you look on the port of call boards you will find independent tour operators that we all use that are cheaper (and much better usually) than through the ship and rely on word of mouth (and getting cruisers back to the ship on time). We almost never use Carnival excursions and have never had an issue

Save your money for another port. Grand Turk is very small and a great beach day.

We love Jacks Shack its a short walk down the beach.Heres a website to print out a voucher for a free shot of rum :)

www.jacksshack.tc

By the way if you look on the port of call boards you will find independent tour operators that we all use that are cheaper (and much better usually) than through the ship and rely on word of mouth (and getting cruisers back to the ship on time). We almost never use Carnival excursions and have never had an issue

But in turn, I've used almost exclusively Carnival excusions, and had a WONDERFUL time on all of them. Never felt cheated on time, never felt crowded or just herded cattle. Take all advice with a grain of salt. We did a carnival excursion on Grand Turk and it was amazing. :)

www.jacksshack.tc

Jack shack is defly on the list of things to do in Grand Turk - I read lots about that. I am originally from Key West so we are considered 'Conchs' so that's why I wanted to check out the conch grave yard.

I really am wanting to get to the lighthouse, so figured since carnival has an excursion that has that as a stop as well as seeing other things around the island and still have time to get to Jacks & the graveyard. But I will defly take a look at the Port board to see what everyone is saying. thank you.

Jack shack is defly on the list of things to do in Grand Turk - I read lots about that. I am originally from Key West so we are considered 'Conchs' so that's why I wanted to check out the conch grave yard.

I really am wanting to get to the lighthouse, so figured since carnival has an excursion that has that as a stop as well as seeing other things around the island and still have time to get to Jacks & the graveyard. But I will defly take a look at the Port board to see what everyone is saying. thank you.

hubby and I did a trolly ride and it took us out to the lighthouse, I think it was about $20-$25 each it was about 2 hours. Might do it again this time around, since it too was on that damned camera!!

Grand Turk a perfect place to enjoy the beach. Beach chairs are free and under a row of palm trees. NASA has an awesome outdoor museum with lifesize replicas of the first manned space craft. (Back in the 60's when they returned to earth and splashed down in the ocean for all you young folk. Lol). There is a lifesize whale replica on display on the beach going to the Conch graveyard.

As for that pool at Margaretaville, wall to wall people in there drinkin all day and not coming out to the bathroom......uhhhhh.....nah.......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app