Disembarkation - Flight

Hi all

I have booked on the oasis of the seas next year out of Fort Lauderdale. The cruise planner has us docking at 6:15, what would be a suitable time to catch a flight from Fort Lauderdale? Giving us enough time from getting off the ship and travel time to the airport. I know they see close but just want us to have enough time.

Thanks

I have booked on the oasis of the seas next year out of Fort Lauderdale. The cruise planner has us docking at 6:15, what would be a suitable time to catch a flight from Fort Lauderdale? Giving us enough time from getting off the ship and travel time to the airport. I know they see close but just want us to have enough time.

I never plan for one earlier than 11!

Hi all

Thanks

I would not have a problem with an 11am flight. You can actually make an earlier flight if you do self-assist disembarkation. I'm also thinking you might have an international flight, so you might need more check-in time.

Not sure if this link works outside the US, but this is Royal's recommendation:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=2724&faqSubjectId=324&faqSubjectName=Air+Travel&faqType=faq

Edited by clarea

I would not have a problem with an 11am flight. You can actually make an earlier flight if you do self-assist disembarkation. I'm also thinking you might have an international flight, so you might need more check-in time.

Not sure if this link works outside the US, but this is Royal's recommendation:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=2724&faqSubjectId=324&faqSubjectName=Air+Travel&faqType=faq

Thanks for the reply and link, I will be catching a domestic fight to continue my holiday. The link advise from 11:30.

Having sailed on its sister ship (Allure) out of FLL twice, we have walked off the ship at 8 am. (luggage valet program) thru customs, caught a cab, thru security at the airport and sitting in the boarding all with-in 35 min. both times.

But,

We do not schedule a flight before 11:30, because we do luggage valet (and they wont do this if your flight leaves before).

With luggage valet, the ship sends your luggage directly to the airport and you do not see it till you final destination when flying.

Part of the reason we move thru so quick is we do not have to look for our luggage at port and rely on a porter to help us, since it went thru ahead of us.

I have heard of people carrying all there bags and walking off with them as early as 7:30, when the ship has cleared.

There are a ton of cabs, no problem with that.

Sea Ya

Having sailed on its sister ship (Allure) out of FLL twice, we have walked off the ship at 8 am. (luggage valet program) thru customs, caught a cab, thru security at the airport and sitting in the boarding all with-in 35 min. both times.

But,

We do not schedule a flight before 11:30, because we do luggage valet (and they wont do this if your flight leaves before).

With luggage valet, the ship sends your luggage directly to the airport and you do not see it till you final destination when flying.

Thank you for that info, helps me a lot.