Grand Krasnapolsky

My husband and I are staying here for three days prior to sailing on the Century

on August 20th. How far is this hotel from the main museums,Anne Frank's House, Sail 2005? Any good restaurants nearby? Any help would be appreciated!!

Ann Frank House is walking distance, abt. 10 minutes.

Sail Amsterdam is more walking due to traffic retrictions. Taking a tram to central station is hardly worth it.Go to the back of Central station, then east. It is near the cruise terminal. (which will not be used by cruiseships at that time).

There are special boattrips to Sail, abt. 400m. east from the backside of central station, Eur. 15.- p.p.

For the musea take a tram at the backside of the royal palace.

Your hotel is on Dam square facing the palace.

You are surrounded by restaurants. Nice dutch and international menu have:

Dorrius and Haesje Claes, not too far away from the hotel. Check more restaurants on:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/amsterdam/43_inddin.html

Your ship will not be at the cruiseterminal but at the scandia terminal, at the westside of the port.

P.S. On the news is a possible strike by carbagecollectors.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I are staying here for three days prior to sailing on the Century

on August 20th. How far is this hotel from the main museums,Anne Frank's House, Sail 2005? Any good restaurants nearby? Any help would be appreciated!!

We have stayed at the Grand Krasnapolsky. Not as ornate and glamourous as the Ritz/Ritz Carlton, Grand Hotels or Four Seasons, but nice, clean, and right in Damsquare. We got a very good rate on expedia.com We were able to walk across the hotel to the Royal Palace. Lots of nice cafes and restaurants; great for people watching.

Enjoy, Pam

Archived