What to do in Phuket, Thailand??

Kiwi_cruiser

I started this thread back in 2014, as we where planing to go to Phuket on the Sapphire Princess, but as the flight costs, where too high at the time, we cancelled that cruise and did something else....

Now we are now going to Phuket on the Sun Princess, and I just found this thread again :)

So Thank You everyone for the information and replays very helpful :D

Hi,

We had a one day excursion which we prebooked with a tour guide Lek Landen (leklanden@hotmail.com) when we were on a recent cruise in February on the Sapphire Princess. He was brilliant and met us at the port and his fee was most reasonable at TBH1500. He took us on a guided tour to see the Big Buddha, Chalong Temple, went to a gem gallery and was followed by a 40 minute elephant ride which was very enjoyable. To end the day he took us for a trip around the lovely beaches in Phuket before returning us on time to Patong Beach where we caught our tender to the ship. We were also taken to lunch at a restuarant high up in the hills which had the most marvellous views of Kata and Karon Beaches and the food was delicious and inexpensive.

It was a very enjoyable day in his air conditioned van and we cannot speak highly enough of him. Highly recommended and a great way to see a bit of Phuket on a budget. As a result of this trip we are eager to return to Phuket.

• 3 months later...
Hi,

We had a one day excursion which we prebooked with a tour guide Lek Landen (leklanden@hotmail.com) when we were on a recent cruise in February on the Sapphire Princess. He was brilliant and met us at the port and his fee was most reasonable at TBH1500. He took us on a guided tour to see the Big Buddha, Chalong Temple, went to a gem gallery and was followed by a 40 minute elephant ride which was very enjoyable. To end the day he took us for a trip around the lovely beaches in Phuket before returning us on time to Patong Beach where we caught our tender to the ship. We were also taken to lunch at a restuarant high up in the hills which had the most marvellous views of Kata and Karon Beaches and the food was delicious and inexpensive.

It was a very enjoyable day in his air conditioned van and we cannot speak highly enough of him. Highly recommended and a great way to see a bit of Phuket on a budget. As a result of this trip we are eager to return to Phuket.

It's been awhile since this post, but I'm curious if anyone else has used this tour guide. We will be on the Emerald Princess in October and I think will dock instead of tender. It will be our first time in Phuket and the itinerary on this tour sounds very interesting to us. The price sounds very reasonable, but the post above doesn't specify if the THB 1500 was per person or per vehicle. Also, did you pay extra for the elephant ride or was it included in the tour? I'd appreciate any other feedback about what to do while in Phuket.