To Balcony or not to Balcony

dateacher

A few years ago, I would have said that I must have the balcony. Now, I don't care. After sailing on the Windstar ships that have no balconies, I realized that I didn't miss the balcony. Especially on a port intensive cruise, you will not get enough time to use the balcony. Unless there is a small difference in the price, book ocean view. Do not book cat. 8 which have tiny cabins and have completely obstructed views. Cat. 4 are the largest.....bigger than the cabins with balconies. They are way forward. Best ocean view cabins are on deck 4. Next best are on deck 3. Deck 4 cabins have a large window. Deck 3 have portholes. Deck 4 and 3 cabins are the same size as the cabins on decks 7 and 6. Pick a cabin that works for you. If you are not particular about location, a gty booking may also save you money.

• 8 months later...
This may be famous last words because we haven't sailed in it yet, but there are 4 special large ocean view cabins (6004, 6005, 7006, 7007) that cost less than a balcony but give you the balcony space inside the cabin. We're trying 7006 on the Norwegian Fjords. My only worry is that they're at the very front of the ship, in case of rough seas. But the Med should be calm.

Hi, please could you tell me about this cabin please. We have booked it for December 2015, thanks