Cunards response

Jimsgirl

My 10 day Northern Capitals cruise on the QE 13-23 December last year was £499pp for a Balcony Cabin.

There were some wonderful deals last November and December, at least from the UK. Best of all, there was no single supplement. I'm hoping the same thing will happen this year.

Prior to booking your July cruise, what was the published itinerary for the 8 day period that led you to believe that it was a single cruise rather than a succession of short cruises?

8 days ,Southampton/at sea /Hamburg/at sea/Stavanger/at sea/Hamburg/at

sea/Southampton

As per Cunard Cruise Collection, nowhere did it list 2 days, or 4 days, or another 2 days.

The night before we reached S'ton (eastbound), the hall way was full of suitcases, after we sailed from S'ton, I found it strange that the hallway had no suitcases being delivered . It was not until we sailed from S'ton (westbound ) that suitcases being delivered appeared once more. The reason of course was that the 'short break" people came on board with only back packs or carry-ons.

Another strange thing was that I received no invites for lunch at Todd English until after we had sailed for the last 7 days westbound. Boarded July 6 , did not receive invites until after July 21., then valid only until July 27th Yes I know you only get one invite , but surely I should have received it around July 7 and valid until 27th?

It sounds as if the person you spoke to had a list of stock answers to be used when they don't know what else to say. The in-transit answer is particularly clueless.

Are the excursions for both of your stops in Soton mostly in German? I wonder if those tours are designed to be pre/post tours as part of an airport connection for people on a special promotion?

Thank you for asking. That's exactly what I was trying to find out. I got the "discrimination" comment three different times and gave up. I find that just as insulting as the term "racial", when there is no justification.

I don't know yet about the return trip because we are booked as "two trips" since we are getting off in Hamburg for 4 days. Haven't gotten any docs for the second trip yet. I knew it was not going to be good news because the cover said "Eastbound TransATLANTIK". :D

Brigittetom , I think using a K instead of a C is German , so you can make a guess as to the origin of any information you may receive.

I hope that you will have a very good trip, I will be on board before you since I board Sept 27th.

Have fun

Lynn