Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

I asked you if you wanted to join us as we were walking in and you told me you were fine by yourself... :confused:

The lady who gave me the snub came in before you guys. Plus you were with your hubby and were already headed to a table.

It sucked and I won't go to Tea again. At least not without a buddy.

The lady who gave me the snub came in before you guys. Plus you were with your hubby and were already headed to a table.

Understand. It wouldn't have mattered that Dennis was with me. He actually interacts with people on a cruise more than he does in day to day life.

Sailing in 37 days, loving your photos!!! We will be at the same ports as you. Third time on the pride, mainly because it's do cheap to sail when you are 20 minutes from port. I saw the pride pulling out this pass Sunday too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, it seems that next time you will have several people to sit with at tea time, including me. Hope to meet you in the future.

Thank You. And yes I'd love to cruise with ya cause that would mean we'd be back onboard again.

I've only sailed Carnival once but I always enjoy your reviews and pictures.

Hopefully karma will get that lady, I would have sat with you!

Thank you so much. And I truly believe that if you're mean or rude to someone it'll come back and bite ya in the butt

I love tea and it us better with friends. Definitely give it another try with others.

About the solo tea time. It seems you were at a table for two? Some strangers may not want to go to be alone with someone. Or maybe they're just shy. Or maybe they're just plain not nice. In the last case you may have reason to celebrate a close escape.

I went solo to tea and got sat with a group of 7 ladies. One about my age the rest her mother and friends in their 80s, maybe more. I had to smile when the waiter leaned over after seating me and whispered 'you owe me one!' They were nice but quite shy. They weren't taking any chances. When I left alone, the waiter said something like better luck next time. I would recommend if solo to ask to go to a larger table.

Yeah that can be just as awkward as sitting as a table by yourself....haha

We will be make our 1st stop to grand Turk in feb. It will be hubby, me, our 8 yr old and maybe our 16. The dog does seem fun! I think we will check out the Shack.

I often see climbing things in the water in people pics from Jacks. I know they are not at Jack but would you have any info on them? I think my little one would like it.

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah those climbing pyramids in the water are Jacks. I believe you pay like a $12.00 day pass and that's good for everything that is in the water to play and climb on. I'm sure your kiddos would enjoy it.

You will love Grand Turk. Be sure to check out the Margaritaville pool too. It's just as amazing as it looks.

Your cruise will be here before ya know it

just want to post a comment on the water camera pics . .. they look washed out to me . . . just wanted to let you know.

Loving the review but don't think you will finish before I board on Sunday . .

Yeah kinda what I though too. I told my dad when I was taking them that they looked very blue but it was so bright in the pool that you couldn't really tell what I was taking a picture of anyway.

I think I'll bypass the Ocean Blue setting next time

Understand. It wouldn't have mattered that Dennis was with me. He actually interacts with people on a cruise more than he does in day to day life.

Yeah I'm the same way. At home I am very subdued and I would stay in with a movie or a sports game in TV but when I get on a cruise I become a social butterfly.

Sailing in 37 days, loving your photos!!! We will be at the same ports as you. Third time on the pride, mainly because it's do cheap to sail when you are 20 minutes from port. I saw the pride pulling out this pass Sunday too.

Enjoy your cruise. You will love those ports. I know we did.

Thank You. I hope you continue my review

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014317_zps06e7b9a0.jpg

In my opinion one of the best parts about the pool at Margaritaville is that there are steps to get into the water...and not just a ladder like what you find on the ship. Due to multiple knee surgeries it is very tough for me to climb a pool ladder so these steps were wonderful

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014318_zps00bb6037.jpg

See the blue umbrella to the left....that was where we sat for the day. It was a perfect spot. Right by the steps to enter the pool and we shade from the sun when we wanted it

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014319_zps4a25b031.jpg

I love Caribbean flowers....soooo pretty

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014320_zpsca4a17d6.jpg

This was about as busy as the pool ever got...it was PERFECT

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014321_zps7583933a.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409278872.329391.jpg.8fdb6a77b36a43fbe5f96f494cbd80bd.jpg

Brianna, here's the rainbow outside our balcony. It was so pretty!

To answer your earlier question, we are hoping to cruise again in May. Not sure what ship, but I would love to go back to Grand Turk and HMC again. I LOVED both!

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014322_zpsce7fde8b.jpg

Another pic of Grand Turk cabanas

CarnivalPride-July272014150_zps0c511681.jpg

Our rainy day in the morning...turned into a beautiful day.

We had to be back onboard by 2:00 pm so we started to wrap up and put stuff away around 1:15. I wanted to stop at a couple shops on our way back to the ship.

CarnivalPride-July272014151_zps528302c0.jpg

Bye Bye Margaritaville....until next time. Which will be closer than you think :p

CarnivalPride-July272014152_zpsb21283f3.jpg

Our first stop was at the Margaritaville Trading Post to pick up the obligatory Margaritaville Grand Turk t-shirt. Well that turned into a 4 t-shirt stop....if ya bought 3 shirts the 4th was free ;)

CarnivalPride-July272014153_zps4389d154.jpg

Pretty photo of my Momma :)

CarnivalPride-July272014154_zpsd75a1990.jpg

Notice the guy in the blue shirt by the building. My dad was sitting on his cart while mom and I went shopping in the cruise center. He was "official" door greeter :p

CarnivalPride-July272014155_zps3cc9c4bc.jpg

Our last stop before heading back to the ship. Anyone who knows me know that I love Ron Jon Surf Shop t-shirts

CarnivalPride-July272014156_zps5c763b4b.jpg

Ron Jon Surf Shop in Grand Turk

Once we got back onboard it was 2:30 pm. We waited in line just shy of an hour. Once we got near the Gangway I noticed they had one gangway open with one lane to get back on the ship....that was STUPID

I headed straight to the cabin to get showered and cleaned up so that we could head up for trivia

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014329_zps7db4d329.jpg

Sports Trivia time

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014330_zpsfbcaad55.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014331_zps5b443066.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014332_zps83243b7b.jpg

My first sports trivia win of the Cruise. I scored 18 out of 20. We love playing sports trivia

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014333_zpsaaa39f3e.jpg

My dad doesn't look as excited as I do about our first trivia win :p

We decided to head to dinner tonight around 6:00 pm. I had a special surprise planned for my mom and dad in the dining room

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014336_zpsed13ce4d.jpg

Remember that Anniversary cake I bought in the Candy Shop. When I ordered the cake I asked for it to be delivered to the dining room on Wednesday during dinner because today was my Mom and Dad's 37th Wedding Anniversary

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014337_zpsbcc5324b.jpg

My dad is really going in for a big kiss :eek:

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014338_zpsea3b839f.jpg

They were so surprised. I had definitely pulled this one off. Way to go me

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014339_zps7eadde2a.jpg

My mom hates being the center of attention so this was perfect. It was wonderful. The waiters sang "Happy Anniversary" to them. Nothing like a group of 6 Indonesians singing "happy anniversary" to make you feel more loved

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014340_zpsdbecf849.jpg

The cake was very good. If you have a special occasion onboard the small cake is only $8.00. It is very good deal. I ordered the White cake with strawberry filling

We headed back to the cabin early tonight. We were in bed by 10:00 pm. Tomorrow in Half Moon Cay was going to be another early Port Day and we knew we would be out in the sun all day so I wanted a good night of rest

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014342_zps18650ece.jpg

Our towel friend waiting for us

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014343_zps81fa3659.jpg

Dad's bed

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014344_zps7e567692.jpg

Dad looked like he was ready for bed

Well as you can tell Grand Turk was absolutely wonderful. We truly enjoyed our day at Margaritaville. And I can't wait to do it again....I need to start looking at Spring 2015 itineraries that stop in Grand Turk.

So that is the end of Day #4 onboard the Carnival Pride. Next day would bring us to Half Moon Cay....another little slice of paradise

[ATTACH]323595[/ATTACH]

Brianna, here's the rainbow outside our balcony. It was so pretty!

To answer your earlier question, we are hoping to cruise again in May. Not sure what ship, but I would love to go back to Grand Turk and HMC again. I LOVED both!

Yes that rainbow was beautiful. I was so surprised when I turned the corner to look back at the ship to see the rainbow.

If you want both of those ports of call then you should look at the Carnival Glory. Some friends of mine just booked the Carnival Glory for May 16th....that cruise goes to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and St. Thomas. Those would be wonderful ports to visit

Yes that rainbow was beautiful. I was so surprised when I turned the corner to look back at the ship to see the rainbow.

If you want both of those ports of call then you should look at the Carnival Glory. Some friends of mine just booked the Carnival Glory for May 16th....that cruise goes to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and St. Thomas. Those would be wonderful ports to visit

That sounds like a great itinerary!