Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Thanks for the review. We loved the Pride. We're booked for next year, but unfortunately, the Grandeur of the Seas is coming first before the Pride. We will get to compare!!! I'm really excited about the 2.0 upgrades. I'm especially looking forward to Guy's Burger joint. I'm a picky fussy burger. People keep saying its amazing, but I am unconvinced. They said the same thing about Johnny Rockets on the Independence of the Seas, and I found it lacking. However, I expected it to be lacking because I already tried the land based restaurant, and found it lacking as well.

This is bringing back some great memories. We absolutely loved the Florentine Lounge with the faux candle light. I could not capture that at night when it really shined.

Thanks for the review. We loved the Pride. We're booked for next year, but unfortunately, the Grandeur of the Seas is coming first before the Pride. We will get to compare!!! I'm really excited about the 2.0 upgrades. I'm especially looking forward to Guy's Burger joint. I'm a picky fussy burger. People keep saying its amazing, but I am unconvinced. They said the same thing about Johnny Rockets on the Independence of the Seas, and I found it lacking. However, I expected it to be lacking because I already tried the land based restaurant, and found it lacking as well.

This is bringing back some great memories. We absolutely loved the Florentine Lounge with the faux candle light. I could not capture that at night when it really shined.

Oh Guys Burgers are amazing...so much better than Johnny Rockets. Have you ever tried a Culvers burger??? Culvers is a restaurant here in the Midwest....they have a burger that's comparable to Guys Burgers.

And you're right about the Florentine Lounge. It was always so dark in that lounge

If I was on the cruise and by myself I would have went to tea time with you. Though I would have sat at the table next to you. I would have gone with you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Why at the table next to me??

The one time we were at the Margaritaville at Gran Turk it was so jam packed we ordered a drink, but left before it came. Too long a wait. The place was packed.

Not my idea of a good time.

I'd have loved it like it was for you. Lucky girl!

So that is the end of Day #3 onboard....next up is our First Port of Call in Grand Turk :D I love Grand Turk so I was super excited to be going back

So excited to read about your day in grand Turk! I'm glad it was your 1st stop.

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We only had one thing planned today for our day in Grand Turk and that was to enjoy the pool at Margaritaville. How could you not enjoy this pool....it was huge, the water was perfect, and it was FREE......Sounds like a Great Day to me

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014285_zps5ab32549.jpg

I was the first person in the pool :p

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014287_zpse0c76aa7.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014288_zps4264b855.jpg

These are the private cabanas that can be rented in Grand Turk. There are 15 of them and they line the area around the pool. They are rented from Carnival's website and I believe they are $150.00 for the day

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014289_zpsa9788aab.jpg

I spy a Whale Tail. The flow rider would become very active in just a little bit

I love the pool at Grand Turk..it is one of my favorite places:)

Enjoying your review ... Sailing on the fantasy in 50 days! These pictures get me so excited for mine! Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're on the Fantasy the week before you. After reading this review I'm in full cruise mode.

Brianna-- if we are ever on the same cruise ship... i will definitely go to tea with you and sit right beside you !

Well Thank You but I think I am going to bypass Tea next time unless I have someone to go with me

So excited to read about your day in grand Turk! I'm glad it was your 1st stop.

Danielle

It was wonderful....I would book another cruise with Grand Turk on the itinerary in a heartbeat. In fact I am looking at the Carnival Glory for May 16th with Grand Turk, St. Thomas, and Half Moon Cay as the ports of call

The one time we were at the Margaritaville at Gran Turk it was so jam packed we ordered a drink, but left before it came. Too long a wait. The place was packed.

Not my idea of a good time.

I'd have loved it like it was for you. Lucky girl!

Yeah we were the only ship in Port that day. It was perfect. The pool was never very busy....it was super relaxing.

I was so hoping you went to jack shack but looks like you had a great day!

Nah we had been there once before on a previous stop in Grand Turk and I wasn't impressed with it. The only fun thing about Jacks Shack was meeting Topher

About the solo tea time. It seems you were at a table for two? Some strangers may not want to go to be alone with someone. Or maybe they're just shy. Or maybe they're just plain not nice. In the last case you may have reason to celebrate a close escape.

I went solo to tea and got sat with a group of 7 ladies. One about my age the rest her mother and friends in their 80s, maybe more. I had to smile when the waiter leaned over after seating me and whispered 'you owe me one!' They were nice but quite shy. They weren't taking any chances. When I left alone, the waiter said something like better luck next time. I would recommend if solo to ask to go to a larger table.

Edited by Ryancoke

Nah we had been there once before on a previous stop in Grand Turk and I wasn't impressed with it. The only fun thing about Jacks Shack was meeting Topher

We will be make our 1st stop to grand Turk in feb. It will be hubby, me, our 8 yr old and maybe our 16. The dog does seem fun! I think we will check out the Shack.

I often see climbing things in the water in people pics from Jacks. I know they are not at Jack but would you have any info on them? I think my little one would like it.

Danielle

Edited by daniella1279

CarnivalPride-July272014002_zps38b51c99.jpg

So I decided to grab my waterproof camera and swim around for a bit before it got too busy at the pool.

CarnivalPride-July272014005_zpsd8b7abf6.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014006_zpsba311ba4.jpg

The Swim-Up Pool Bar

CarnivalPride-July272014008_zps09b4ad15.jpg

I decided to use the Ocean Blue scene mode on my waterproof camera for these pics....what do ya think?? :) I have mixed feelings

CarnivalPride-July272014014_zps4431f999.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014306_zps5886714b.jpg

What time is It.....Yep you guessed it....Time for a DRINK :p

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014308_zpsd4573e76.jpg

I ordered a Miami Vice and the lady also put Blue Curacao in it to give me a Red, White, and Blue drink. Looks cute doesn't it :) She also put in an extra tube of rum.....WHOA this drink was STRONG. I hope the bartender was around later because she would have to help me back to the ship. They definitely didn't skimp on the booze

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014310_zps5e1644b3.jpg

Dad enjoying his drink of choice....a Diet Coke

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014314_zps5dfeb52a.jpg

They do a lot of fun activities at Margaritaville throughout the day. One activity involved this guy.....

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014312_zpsb398fb6b.jpg

He had to eat this 5 pound burger and plate of fries in 20 minutes :eek:. If he ate it all it was FREE and he would also receive a $50.00 gift card in the Margaritaville Shop. Needless to say he only ate about half....that was CRAZY

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014315_zps32e33bb0.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014316_zpsc4b3c16c.jpg

I think these surfboards say it all :D

After Trivia I decided to go and try Tea Time. I had always to go before but just never did because....1. I don't like tea and 2. My dad never wanted to go with me.

So I decided to go and give it a try this time. I ordered a hot chocolate instead of tea and that was good. The little snacks were very good

However....other than the hot chocolate and the tasty snacks. I didn't care for tea time. I sat at a table by myself. There were maybe 150 people at Tea Time and I was the only person sitting by myself....It was being the last person picked at recess to play kickball :(

I quickly drank my chocolate and ate my treat and I left. There was even one lady who came in by herself and the waiter asked if she would like to sit here (with me) and the lady said "NO." I hope that lady reads my review because she was rude and hurt my feelings

I don't think I will be attending another Tea Time anytime soon

I asked you if you wanted to join us as we were walking in and you told me you were fine by yourself... :confused: