Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

I know I probably should have asked this a few pages back, but what time did you board?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were finally able to board around noon.

One thing that a lot of people don't realize about the Carnival Pride in Baltimore is that the ship doesn't arrive back into Baltimore each Sunday until around 9:00 am. So by the time the ship clears U.S. Customs and everyone disembarks it is around noon every week when the new passengers start to board the Pride.

We'll be on this Sunday too! From Lancaster County, PA!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have a great cruise on the Carnival Pride.

Oooo my Mom loved our visit to Lancaster County a few years back. She loves the Amish culture.

We will be on the Pride for the fourth time May 3rd, 2015. We are really looking forward to the 2.0 upgrades. Especially the addition of Guys Burger Joint. We were on the Liberty in 2013 and got to experience Guys. May I say it was "delicious". Really enjoying your pictures and review. We are coming from South Jersey which is an easy 2 hour drive but may treat ourselves to a night in Baltimore this time. Maybe at the same hotel you chose.

We will be on the Pride for the fourth time May 3rd, 2015. We are really looking forward to the 2.0 upgrades. Especially the addition of Guys Burger Joint. We were on the Liberty in 2013 and got to experience Guys. May I say it was "delicious". Really enjoying your pictures and review. We are coming from South Jersey which is an easy 2 hour drive but may treat ourselves to a night in Baltimore this time. Maybe at the same hotel you chose.

What's not to love about Guys Burgers....the are so yummy :) That was a grea hotel for a pre-cruise stay but remember by the time you guys cruise it will be a Best Western and not a Sleep Inn.

Thank-You for following my review. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest

OK I am back and ready to post some more pics.....who's ready for some more :)

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014231_zpsc913b6c7.jpg

After Trivia I decided to go and try Tea Time. I had always to go before but just never did because....1. I don't like tea and 2. My dad never wanted to go with me.

So I decided to go and give it a try this time. I ordered a hot chocolate instead of tea and that was good. The little snacks were very good

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014232_zps5d749bdd.jpg

Getting the dining room ready for dinner

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014233_zps251cd0dd.jpg

However....other than the hot chocolate and the tasty snacks. I didn't care for tea time. I sat at a table by myself. There were maybe 150 people at Tea Time and I was the only person sitting by myself....It was being the last person picked at recess to play kickball :(

I quickly drank my chocolate and ate my treat and I left. There was even one lady who came in by herself and the waiter asked if she would like to sit here (with me) and the lady said "NO." I hope that lady reads my review because she was rude and hurt my feelings

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014235_zps59c20a40.jpg

I don't think I will be attending another Tea Time anytime soon

After my unfortunate time at Tea....I decided to head out and explore to try and find my dad back. I didn't have to go far...he was still out playing trivia. This time he was playing Classic TV trivia

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014236_zpsdc6827cb.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014237_zps9f6c1aee.jpg

We decided to take a walk outside and check out the weather

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014230_zps11427f5d.jpg

We had just cruised through a rain storm because it was still raining out.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014238_zps622c8d18.jpg

Even though it is raining it still doesn't stop the kids from being in the pool

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014239_zps3707c818.jpg

This pool has the roof over it so that it can close during inclement weather. I bet it is really hot and steamy under there with the roof closed

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014240_zps661d865d.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014242_zps95f45388.jpg

Dad and I decided to head back to the cabin to start getting ready for dinner. My mom was already getting ready. Tonight was a cruise casual night....hallelujah and my favorite thing in the MDR was on the menu tonight...the Chicken Quesadilla. They are so yummy

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014243_zps9d71c4c3.jpg

My mom wanted you to see her baby shrimp ;)

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014245_zps8822e4ad.jpg

Representing the Carnival Dream on the Carnival Pride :)

Totally would have joined you for tea! I've stopped by the tea a couple of times, but because no one wanted to go with me I didn't stay. Looked a little sedate to me. I would hope that the waiters would seat individuals with other individuals. I meet more fun people sitting with them during meals!

Going on the Pride November 30th so I am loving your review!

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014260_zps06da4ae2.jpg

I've got a "bright idea"...see what I did there :p

So after shopping we headed into the Butterflies Lounge to check out the comedians for the night. They were both OK......but not great :rolleyes:

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014261_zps5273e60b.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014262_zpsc9e82f4d.jpg

There are butterflies everywhere :eek:

We woke to a waiter knocking on our door with our breakfast. On early port days we always order room service so that we can get ready while we wait for our breakfast

When I pulled the curtains back this is what we saw.....

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014263_zps80d24d9d.jpg

NO....it can't be raining :(

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014264_zps96e17bbe.jpg

Dad is sitting and waiting for the rain to stop so that we can get off the ship

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014265_zps3f0d04a1.jpg

After about 10 minutes of rain....the clouds moved away and we got off the ship

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014266_zpsc32906c1.jpg

Mom is ready for a fun day....but uh oh where's Dad :eek:

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014271_zpsd1068c6f.jpg

Using this cart/walker for my dad was perfect in ports because he could sit down when he needed to. Plus there was storage space under the seat for more t-shirts :p

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014272_zps055d642b.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014273_zps5843d0d4.jpg

This was our first chance to see the full length of the ship....the Pride is a big one. I could look at cruise ships all day long

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014274_zps06a4e101.jpg

I took this picture not thinking it would show up because it was very bright but notice the rainbow...it stops right at the bridge. I LOVE THIS PHOTO :)

Awwww that's awesome. Enjoy your meal at Captain James....what was the Groupon for?? Be sure to park in the Captain James Landing parking lot and them enjoy your lunch. And leave your car there while you ride the water taxi....it is so convenient.

Just be sure to verify with your waiter that it's ok to leave your car there....we didn't have an issue. And I'm sure you won't either.

Be sure to ride all the Water Taxi routes. They are so unique and a great way to see the city.

Come back and report how your day was....I would love to hear about it

It was $30 of food for $15 . . . we will only do the lunch sandwiches so that should be perfect. I was looking at all the routes last night and we will be sure to catch them all.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014275_zps318d9a60.jpg

This was my first Caribbean rainbow

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014276_zps788e0c33.jpg

We made it to Grand Turk :)

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014277_zps2c79ac72.jpg

It was still very quiet in the cruise center....we were in port in Grand Turk from 7:00 to 2:00 pm. Not nearly long enough to enjoy this beautiful piece of Paradise

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014278_zps98f84b92.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014279_zpsbb19c287.jpg

Margaritaville

It was $30 of food for $15 . . . we will only do the lunch sandwiches so that should be perfect. I was looking at all the routes last night and we will be sure to catch them all.

WOW....that is a great deal. Enjoy and I wanna hear all about it so be sure to come back and let know what ya think of Captain James and the Water Taxi

However....other than the hot chocolate and the tasty snacks. I didn't care for tea time. I sat at a table by myself. There were maybe 150 people at Tea Time and I was the only person sitting by myself....It was being the last person picked at recess to play kickball :(

I quickly drank my chocolate and ate my treat and I left. There was even one lady who came in by herself and the waiter asked if she would like to sit here (with me) and the lady said "NO." I hope that lady reads my review because she was rude and hurt my feelings

I have to admit to being like that person. I am not comfortable sitting with people I do not know. Not at Dinner or Tea.

We only had one thing planned today for our day in Grand Turk and that was to enjoy the pool at Margaritaville. How could you not enjoy this pool....it was huge, the water was perfect, and it was FREE......Sounds like a Great Day to me

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014285_zps5ab32549.jpg

I was the first person in the pool :p

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014287_zpse0c76aa7.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014288_zps4264b855.jpg

These are the private cabanas that can be rented in Grand Turk. There are 15 of them and they line the area around the pool. They are rented from Carnival's website and I believe they are $150.00 for the day

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014289_zpsa9788aab.jpg

I spy a Whale Tail. The flow rider would become very active in just a little bit

I have to admit to being like that person. I am not comfortable sitting with people I do not know. Not at Dinner or Tea.

So you would rather sit by yourself and not try to meet anyone new....:rolleyes: Isn't the point of a cruise to meet new people and find out where they are from and why they enjoy cruising :)

Before we left home I picked up a beach ball and a small inner tube to bring with us on the cruise to play with at the Margaritaville pool and in our next port of call....Half Moon Cay. These were such a great idea. I blew it up once we got to Grand Turk and then deflated it when we were getting ready to leave to put in bag to use for our next port

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014295_zpsd0bb7cfc.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014296_zps8900aea4.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014297_zps47704399.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014300_zps7edb6e25.jpg