Carnival Pride wedding tour with pics

VASOXFANN

We had an great time on our ship tour. We were allowed to bring 2 guests, so we brought my bridesmaid, Teresa, and her husband, Mark, who have cruised on Pride several times. They were as excited as we were. It was really easy to get to the port, park and get through security. Once we were through security. As soon as we arrived at the terminal, the greeter lady showed us to a desk for wedding guests only. I tried to take a picture of the sign, but I was quickly told that wasn't allowed :( Check-in was quick, and we were put into the room with the waiting wedding parties. There were two HUGE embarkation weddings; there must have been at least 150 guests waiting :eek: The room is a large rectangle with no columns or barriers. No pictures allowed :(

It was a madhouse in the waiting area with groups that large. The coordinators were trying to make announcements, and not everyone could here. The lead coordinator, Linda, was very knowledgeable and nice. She will most likely be the officiant for our wedding :D She took the time to find us and chat with us about the venues. Since Mark and Teresa were seasoned Pride cruisers, we pretty much did a self-guided tour of the venues she told us about, then had lunch on Lido, before checking in with guest services. We had no problems. :cool:

We boarded with the wedding parties at around 12:25. The check-in and boarding process was so easy that we will probably be spoiled for future cruises.

The venues for today's weddings were the Taj Mahal, with the reception in Beauties dance club, and Butterflies with the reception in the Starry Night lounge. After viewing the venues, we decided to request the Chapel (Butterflies is our second choice) with our reception in the Starry Night lounge.

Since I took a lot of photos of the venues, I'm breaking this review up into several parts so I can get them all posted. Enjoy!

Ship.jpg.99bb2e867e06d957800b44b1e0528e1d.jpg

First we headed to the Taj Mahal, the site of the first wedding. This is the ship's main theater and it is HUGE. It is beautiful, with a red and gold curtain and Indian-style decorations, but again, it is HUGE. If everyone who RSVPs shows up, we will have 41 people at our wedding, including us. A venue this large would be ridiculous for a wedding our size, although it would be perfectly lovely for a large wedding. This wedding had around 100 people, so it was a good place for it.

I didn't view the wedding, so I don't know how they handle the aisle situation. There are 2 main aisles leading to the stage, so I'm not sure which the bride uses. The wedding itself occurs on the stage.

Attached are some pics of the Taj, how it regularly looks, and today set up for the wedding.

Taj.Stage.jpg.5c7aa76ffba55ced33e7cbd88def01ba.jpg

Taj.Wedding.jpg.47a12704f8c4660cb13662a2ff6db4b5.jpg

We then headed to Butterflies, which is a lounge right underneath the Taj Mahal. We liked this venue much better, as it was smaller and much more intimate. I was even impressed by the entrance, which is a staircase surrounded by colorful butterflies encased in glass blocks. The room itself is also very colorful, but they had the lighting toned down for the wedding.

I only had the chance to snap one pic because this room filled up FAST! I actually borrowed the pic of the empty room by googling Pride and Butterflies, so you may get some better pics by doing that.

The only thing I didn't like about this venue is that there was a bar in the corner :( It is pretty inconspicuous, but it's still there. I just have a thing about being married in a bar. That's my only issue with this room for our ceremony.

I've heard of people having their receptions in this room as well. It has the bar, a dance floor, and plenty of seating. Although I didn't see it set up for a reception, I could totally visualize it and think it would be great.

Butterflies.Enterance.jpg.e25741256b3b80ac0998ee47b69b4da4.jpg

Butterflies.Enterance2.jpg.c94c0fb06cd250a2c976faeda9e7dfd5.jpg

Butterflies.jpg.f282bc2dcbf81cef23d759aa2c880340.jpg

Butterflies.Wedding.jpg.ee6fd3add5bc4f14b6c6e37315bcdf24.jpg

This is the third and final ceremony venue we visited.

I love this space. It's what I picture when someone says "wedding." It's tastefully decorated, has a religious motif, and there's no bar. Don't get me wrong, I like to drink as much as the next person, I'd just rather have something a little more traditional for my ceremony.

This has what I'm looking for...pews, stained glass, religious-inspired paintings, plus I know my Mom would approve.

I've heard all different numbers for the capacity of the chapel...anywhere from 25, to 30, to 35, to 41 on Carnival's website. I've also read that groups over whatever number can request the chapel if they sign a waiver acknowledging that there may not be enough room. We have 41 total, including us, but 9 of us will be standing up front, and of the remaining 32, 1 is a baby and 2 are kids. We "tested" the pews, and at least 5 people can fit on them (none of my guests are huge) so I think we will be able to pull it off. I LOVE this venue and really want it!

Chapel.jpg.88e892572304154dde946350cb22f259.jpg

Chapel.1.jpg.2b7058af0cb3c6caacc0032ac96d1a8c.jpg

Chapel.2.jpg.7c3fa996de24dc256bb6103b4889ff7c.jpg

Chapel.3.jpg.94b46765a84fb1bced52f219dfc21770.jpg

Now for the reception venues -

We saw the Starry Night lounge while it was being set up for the reception. This is a gorgeous space, and I'm going to request it. It wasn't even on my radar because I had read it was a smoking lounge, but when we went in, there wasn't even a hint of smoke. It is also in a fairly high-traffic area, with large windows, so regular cruise people are able to look in on the reception, but that doesn't bother us. The normal décor (you'll see what I mean in the next segment), exterior windows, layout, and dance floor more than more up for it.

Also, if we get the chapel for our ceremony, this lounge is also very convenient to that - right down a flight of stairs, which would make for a great group photo opportunity :)

This lounge seats at least 60

StarryNights.jpg.33132a1fcfb9254dcf3ebc237bf040ac.jpg

StarryNights.1.jpg.9f4d0951549ec06ff389d25e554841f7.jpg

StarryNights.3.jpg.01c344cfd046a294e43fbcf15912b2ad.jpg

StarryNights.2.jpg.c56a6da74afdafe808ba7fcb4047bd2d.jpg

StarryNights4.jpg.8732e9c8483e1abe8e4e2525a7192fde.jpg

Edited by VASOXFANN

I'm sure there are some people who would love this. We are not those people.

The dance floor looks like it would be lots of fun, but headless, limbless bodies are not our idea of party décor :eek:

This would only work for us with tablecloths :p

Beauties.1.jpg.0d86e6783e951c84965c9dbe27f572b1.jpg

Beauties.2.jpg.09802a7198768309442e03d04f4ab258.jpg

Beauties.3.jpg.d641d664e5cc09e18a20884988bdc92c.jpg

Beauties.jpg.3daa5d6c32847598555afd69d4e21869.jpg

Beauties.Tables.jpg.dcf8d9c3a55d169dc3d87b500f65eeb8.jpg

This was a lovely space. It is right next to the chapel, beautifully decorated, and would be a small, intimate space for a reception. The only drawback is that there was no dance floor, and we want to have that option for our guests.

This will be our second choice if Starry Night isn't available.

Ivory.1.jpg.baae0c79dbb2efeb76fcf3cccdc60d21.jpg

Ivory.2.jpg.798359faeb11bbe07176d8ff05c24560.jpg

Ivory.3.jpg.bd2d84204c7efb6d0258df5f326097c3.jpg

After checking out the venues, we had lunch on Lido, then went down to Guest Services to let them know we were leaving. We then spoke with the lady who was supposed to do our tour (the wires got crossed and we didn't get that message). She attempted to answer our last minute questions, but she didn't speak the best English, so we let her know we saw all we needed to see. She told me to let Sajay (with the main office) know my preferences, and they'd see me next month.

I'm so glad they do these tours. They are SO informative, and it really helps to see the venues! :D

I hope this review helps some other couples who are considering the Pride. I've seen quite a few Pride posts lately. She is a beautiful ship. You are making a great choice.

Thanks Vasoxfan. I am jealous that you get to have a chapel. The Conquest no longer has a chapel, so it is a large conference room for us called the Gallery, only downside is that there is a pillar in the middle of the room but like you said I too didn't want to get married in a room with a bar.

Thanks Vasoxfan. I am jealous that you get to have a chapel. The Conquest no longer has a chapel, so it is a large conference room for us called the Gallery, only downside is that there is a pillar in the middle of the room but like you said I too didn't want to get married in a room with a bar.

I don't know if we'll get it. I'm going to put in our request today.

Along with the bar thing, I also like the fact that the aisle is in the middle of the room. If we end up in Butterflies, I guess I can bring a tarp for the bar, but there isn't a center aisle in there either :rolleyes: I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for the chapel.

I'm just thankful I didn't request a DJ, or we would have been stuck in Beauties for our reception :eek:

I've seen pics of conference rooms set up for weddings, and they are lovely too.

Lovely review

Sounds just perfectly done

Carnival seem to have wedding packages down pat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They did a great job handling those huge wedding groups AND our tour. I got tired just watching them. :eek:

I don't know if we'll get it. I'm going to put in our request today.

I'm just thankful I didn't request a DJ, or we would have been stuck in Beauties for our reception :eek:

I've seen pics of conference rooms set up for weddings, and they are lovely too.

We originally booked Beauties/ the DJ for our wedding, but once we read the about the access issue (there's no guest elevator) and saw the limbless bodies it was a no-go. I love your pictures--glad you had fun. It's a nice day, I wish they'd offer ship tours to the general public like Princess.

In the Taj, the coordinators have the bride use the aisle on stage left, but I'm not sure why. The couple that got married the day we toured had their ceremony in the Taj. They had a lot of guests and a lot of sailing guests, because the bride's sister got married later in the cruise in the Bahamas.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

We originally booked Beauties/ the DJ for our wedding, but once we read the about the access issue (there's no guest elevator) and saw the limbless bodies it was a no-go. I love your pictures--glad you had fun. It's a nice day, I wish they'd offer ship tours to the general public like Princess.

Thanks. We really had a great time. Our friends were amazed that we were able to take a tour. The only bad part was having to get off the ship :(

In the Taj, the coordinators have the bride use the aisle on stage left, but I'm not sure why. The couple that got married the day we toured had their ceremony in the Taj. They had a lot of guests and a lot of sailing guests, because the bride's sister got married later in the cruise in the Bahamas

That's probably what they'll do in Butterflies too. I guess we'll find out soon, because I just got the call, and......that's where we're getting married! According to wedding coordinator Sajay, they are renovating the seating of our beloved chapel, and it is unavailable for our use :( So Butterflies it is, bar and all. Maybe I can put a tarp over it :o

I read that your brother will be on our sailing. If he peeks into Starry Night and sees a wedding reception on embarkation day, that's us. The groom will be wearing Army dress blues :)

Edited by VASOXFANN

So Butterflies it is, bar and all. Maybe I can put a tarp over it :o

I love Sajay--she was AMAZING to work with and she takes insane notes. I mentioned wanting FunShip Freddy for our reception in a random comment and she put it in the file.

On another note--could they turn down the lights in the back of the room to make the bar less apparent. If I remember right (I haven't been on the ship in a few year) it is in the back corner.

After checking out the venues, we had lunch on Lido, then went down to Guest Services to let them know we were leaving. We then spoke with the lady who was supposed to do our tour (the wires got crossed and we didn't get that message). She attempted to answer our last minute questions, but she didn't speak the best English, so we let her know we saw all we needed to see. She told me to let Sajay (with the main office) know my preferences, and they'd see me next month.

I'm so glad they do these tours. They are SO informative, and it really helps to see the venues! :D

I hope this review helps some other couples who are considering the Pride. I've seen quite a few Pride posts lately. She is a beautiful ship. You are making a great choice.

Sajay is our coordinator also, im confused because on our tour of the Paradise she said we could not try the lido buffet whatsoever...

I love Sajay--she was AMAZING to work with and she takes insane notes. I mentioned wanting FunShip Freddy for our reception in a random comment and she put it in the file.

On another note--could they turn down the lights in the back of the room to make the bar less apparent. If I remember right (I haven't been on the ship in a few year) it is in the back corner.

She is good. She had all of our requests taken care of.

The lights were turned down during the tour to make the atmosphere more wedding-y. The only reason I even noticed the bar was because we were stuck in the back corner while the guests herded in. It isn't prominent at all. It's just "there." We'll be OK with it; I don't want my uber-religious mom and aunt to get upset :eek: Hopefully we can find a way to bring them in the other way. :cool::rolleyes:

I loved your pics of Funship Freddy! I hope he's hanging around to say hi to the kids at our reception :)

Edited by VASOXFANN

Sajay is our coordinator also, im confused because on our tour of the Paradise she said we could not try the lido buffet whatsoever...

Today is the first day I've ever spoken to Sajay. I corresponded with her via Email about the tour, and I didn't inquire about lunch.

Sajay won't be at your tour. It probably will depend on the onsite wedding coordinators that day.

Today is the first day I've ever spoken to Sajay. I corresponded with her via Email about the tour, and I didn't inquire about lunch.

Sajay won't be at your tour. It probably will depend on the onsite wedding coordinators that day.

We spoke to Sajay twice during our planning and emailed with her a few times. It wholly depends on the coordinators and CCL staff member giving you the tour. Our tour guide and coordinators told us to look around and enjoy lunch since they were still setting up the weddings that day.

There are a lot of things where the Weddings Dept. says no, but the onboard and third-party coordinators say yes. Mainly whether you can have your own photographer, whether you can eat the day of your tour, and whether your guests can eat at the Lido buffet on the day of. I wish they'd get it straight.

There are a lot of things where the Weddings Dept. says no, but the onboard and third-party coordinators say yes. Mainly whether you can have your own photographer, whether you can eat the day of your tour, and whether your guests can eat at the Lido buffet on the day of. I wish they'd get it straight.

We weren't even asked about whether we wanted to purchase the Lido buffet for our non-sailors, and it isn't anywhere in our paperwork. When we did the tour, the coordinators told everyone who had the non-sailing passes to take them off, and I saw quite a few at the Lido buffet...maybe that's why :confused:

Our wedding will be at 2:00, and first wedding will also be in Butterflies, so that will give our guests a lot of time to explore the ship. Sajay said they could use credit cards at to get stuff at bars, coffee shops, etc.