Valor 8/31 Possible Storms???

SweetMitEdition

My boyfriend and I are going on the Southern Caribbean cruise leaving from San Juan next Sunday (8/31) from what we can tell as of today, St. Thomas is going to be a washout. I know given the time of year, rain is inevitable.

I've only been on 2 cruises so far and I've yet to experience any inclement weather. My question is: If the forecast holds true (80% chance of rain) will our cruise be diverted elsewhere? Or will we just have to deal with the rain??

Also, I've read that the Cruise Directors have Facebook pages and often update them, would someone kindly point me in the direction of Valor's CD?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

My boyfriend and I are going on the Southern Caribbean cruise leaving from San Juan next Sunday (8/31) from what we can tell as of today, St. Thomas is going to be a washout. I know given the time of year, rain is inevitable.

I've only been on 2 cruises so far and I've yet to experience any inclement weather. My question is: If the forecast holds true (80% chance of rain) will our cruise be diverted elsewhere? Or will we just have to deal with the rain??

Also, I've read that the Cruise Directors have Facebook pages and often update them, would someone kindly point me in the direction of Valor's CD?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

If the forecast is for just rain showers you will just have to deal with it. Itineraries do not get changed just becasue it is going to rain, in most places in the Caribbean it rains at least once a day. Now if there is a tropical storm/hurricane threatening that's a different story. Ships will be rerouted and port stops can be cancelled or the order of the ports might change.

If the forecast is for just rain showers you will just have to deal with it. Itineraries do not get changed just becasue it is going to rain, in most places in the Caribbean it rains at least once a day. Now if there is a tropical storm/hurricane threatening that's a different story. Ships will be rerouted and port stops can be cancelled or the order of the ports might change.

Awesome, thank you! I appreciate your help/response!

I am on that cruise with you so I am hoping for the best. I also don't pay any attention to the weather report until 3-4 days before. Other than baseball it is the only job that can fail that often and still keep it..

I live in St Thomas. I just checked forecasts and looked at the satellite for the atlantic east of us.

I do not see anything that would predict that St Thomas would be a washout. There is one small "wave" out there that will affect weather in the eastern Caribbean. Too early to tell but it does not look like much to me.

RELAX!!