A New Radiance Class Please

Alan13

First of all anyone can cruise on the ship that appeals to them. I am not saying that every ship should be Radiance Class. It is nice to have a variety of ships!

I just watched the Technology Live program from Germany on Quantum of the Seas. Yes, it is the latest in high tech with a robot bar, robot screens, bumper cars, north star, ripcord, smart IQ, virtual balcony in all inside staterooms, etc.

Richard Fain even said Quantum would appeal to millenials because they can skype, watch netflix on their smartphones and so on.

For me, that does not work! I can find all the latest technology at home. I can go to an amusement park for rides. I go on a cruise to get away from stimulation. I like to walk, relax, swim, read a book, play trivia, eat, go to shows, admire the artwork, meet fellow passenger, look at the ocean, breathe the clean air and of course many other things.

I love the Radiance Class because the ships are beautiful with lots of glass. It's just the right size and easy to get around. I'm okay with the Freedom Class also.

But I hope that the wave of the future is not more rides and gadgets. I hope that Royal will think of their passengers that just want the simplicity of cruising!

I could not agree with you more wholeheartedly. Sure, I'm glad for those who love the mega ship experience. But I'm concerned that the smaller ships will be phased out and I LOVE the smaller ships for their intimacy, focus on the ocean, OUTDOOR Windjammer dining, varied itineraries, and...like you...a host of other things!

Edited by printingchick

• 4 months later...