4j on Glory

jjmsbu09

Hi Everyone,

Just booked a 4J on Carnival Glory (6202). Any thoughts on them? I was in French Door cabin on the Legend last year I really like booking these unique cabins priced as interiors but unsure about these.

Pictures would be great too if anyone has them.

Also would anyone know formal nights? It's an eastern run but itinerary seems odd: HMC, Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, and then 2 sea says so basically all 4 ports in a row.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was in cabin 6202 on the Liberty, same class ship. The only seat I had was the little stool that was under the desk, no other seating! No chair/sofa. I traveled alone so it wasn't much of an issue, but with more than one it could be! Sorry, no pics!

Try going to cruise line rooms dot com...all run together and with the appropriate punctuation. There are pics of 6202 on the glory. Those pics show 2 arm chairs in the cabin.

We are big "fans" of 4J's...have stayed in several on different ships...has become our "go to" cabin when available.

We had a 4J on the Liberty this month, 7204. We thought we would love it, coming from a 4K on the Pride the year before...

We weren't big fans of the room. We simply did not use the window as much as I thought we would. It also seems like such a long hike to get to our room every time. (especially if coming from any of the lounges at the back of the ship which is where we spent almost every evening.)

Was it a bad room? No Would I pay extra again to have it? No Would I pay extra for a 4K again? yes

I think why i liked the 4K over the 4J is that the 4K was midship and the 4J was alllllll the way forward.

Being in close proximity to the "secret deck" was pretty cool though. Really enjoyed being able to hop out there while the DW got ready.

Loved every minute of the cruise, you will too!

As to your formal night question, I believe it is the first sea day (after HMC) and Grand Turk

evanAction is right about the seaday on Monday after HTC on Sunday. Then you have St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk all back to back with another seaday on Friday. You will have a great time.

And the 4J is a great cabin selection. I have stayed in then many times over the years on Conquest class ships. You will love the extra room. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by diamonddaddy
typo

• 2 months later...

We always book the 4J cabins on the Conquest class ships and love them! Can't beat the price as it's usually about $500 cheaper than a balcony room. We like to walk out on the open deck in front when going into the ports and also when leaving.

We had a 4J on the Liberty this month' date=' 7204. We thought we would love it, coming from a 4K on the Pride the year before...![/quote']

NOTHING at all the same about these two type of cabins on two VERY different type of ships.

the obstructed oceanview on the Liberty is an inside cabin that has a window that overlooks a public deck.

If you hit rough waters you will feel the most motion being that far forward.

these are inside cabins and do not have a sofa== (the spirit class obstructed inside does - these cabins used to be oceanviews but the complaints about them warranted carnival to downgrade them)

Do not book the cabins with the * inside the cabin number. the little symbol denotes that the beds do not go together

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/holtcjane/media/Carnival%20Splendor/Splendor7205-1.jpg.html

The 4J's used to be a good value. Evidently Carnival caught on and now they are not much cheaper than a regular ocean view. They are a much smaller cabin with NO sofa. The window lets in light but you really don't see the ocean plus the bed is under the window unless you have twin beds which prevents really enjoying looking out the window.

The first night or two when we stay in these rooms, especially if sailing through the Florida straits which tend to be a little rough, the noise of the waves hitting the hull keeps me awake. There is also much more movement. We like it as it feels we are being rocked to sleep. However, if you have movement issues, it could be a problem.

They are a LONG walk from most anywhere. However, they can be a plus to help walk off those extra calories. We spend most of our time in the Adults only area in the back of the ship so it's not particularly convenient. For our next cruise, we have chosen the aft.

The biggest advantage to the rooms and the ONLY reason we sometimes choose them is the access to the secret deck. There is no comfortable seating here and you can't see the ocean unless you are standing. But it does provide a nice view when entering or leaving port and a great place to take pics.