QM2 Transatlantic Roundtrip

charnycharn

Hi all,

We are looking at crossing from UK to NY on the QM2, staying for a week or so, and then returning on the QM2 again from NY to UK.

Having a look at the price of the 'roundtrip' crossing (with out the weeks in the US) it is much cheaper than booking 2 different crossings, as we would need to do to make our trip work.

As we will not need the flights that come with the price of the crossings, would it be possible to get a cheaper fare from Cunard? Or is this something that they wouldn't do? It seems silly to pay for 2 lots of transatlantic flights that we won't even use.

We are thinking of doing this in 2016, so long way off yet, just wanted to get a rough idea of prices, etc. Can I assume that the 2016 crossings will be roughly the same dates as the 2015 ones?

Any advice would be great!

Hi all,

We are looking at crossing from UK to NY on the QM2, staying for a week or so, and then returning on the QM2 again from NY to UK.

Having a look at the price of the 'roundtrip' crossing (with out the weeks in the US) it is much cheaper than booking 2 different crossings, as we would need to do to make our trip work.

As we will not need the flights that come with the price of the crossings, would it be possible to get a cheaper fare from Cunard? Or is this something that they wouldn't do? It seems silly to pay for 2 lots of transatlantic flights that we won't even use.

We are thinking of doing this in 2016, so long way off yet, just wanted to get a rough idea of prices, etc. Can I assume that the 2016 crossings will be roughly the same dates as the 2015 ones?

Any advice would be great!

Sometimes there is a price advantage to booking the roundtrip as 2 separate trips, it doesn't necessarily make sense but it is worth looking at. Cunard or a travel agent will quote prices excluding air fares.

In 2015 (July) there is an eastbound with a 5 day NY/Halifax/Bolton/NY cruise before the westbound return

That itiniary might be available in 2016 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might, but I don't think it was available in 2014, 2013 or 2012. The itinerary was available at other times of the year, but I have a feeling it wasn't available in July.

I'm not absolutely certain, but I think that was the case.:)

The short July trip has been available each year since 2004. I know because I have been on each one. In the early years the number of days would change --sometimes 3, 4, or even 6 days. Cunard has been fairly consistent with this trip for a number of years now -- 5 days to Halifax and Boston. Next year, because of the anniversary year, the 5 day trip will not be until the end of July. Katherine

The short July trip has been available each year since 2004. I know because I have been on each one. In the early years the number of days would change --sometimes 3, 4, or even 6 days. Cunard has been fairly consistent with this trip for a number of years now -- 5 days to Halifax and Boston. Next year, because of the anniversary year, the 5 day trip will not be until the end of July. Katherine

Yes you are right - I remembered after I posted earlier but forgot to re-post. It is the fact that it has been moved to the end of July that is different to normal, as you say. :)