Special Dining Rate$ for Kids Not Available Online

Just an FYI ... I was making specialty dining reservations online for our November Allure cruise. My daughter is 11 but was charged full price for all reservations ... even though her age was listed correctly on the booking.

I called Royal to see if we could get it corrected. I was told:

1. I could cancel all reservations and rebook onboard. Not an option I would consider because we selected very specific times based on shows, excursions, etc.

2. Keep the reservations. Go to guest services on the ship, have them cancel all reservations and rebook for the same times at the correct pricing.

So #2 is what we'll do. It's not a ton of money -- maybe $50 or so because we've booked three restaurants. But I wanted to let my fellow cruisers know that the special pricing for kids is not available on the RCI website (at least for my cruise). And getting it corrected can't be done over the phone.

It sounds like - regardless of the actual process - that as the surcharge will be prepaid with an advanced reservation that the net will be an OBC on your SeaPass through guest services for the difference of what you were charged and the $8 that should have been her surcharge.

Interesting that you cannot book the correct rate on line, but with RCI IT you never know I guess. :rolleyes:

It sounds like - regardless of the actual process - that as the surcharge will be prepaid with an advanced reservation that the net will be an OBC on your SeaPass through guest services for the difference of what you were charged and the $8 that should have been her surcharge.

Interesting that you cannot book the correct rate on line, but with RCI IT you never know I guess. :rolleyes:

Why should anyone have to prepay an amount higher than what is advertised and then be refunded as OBC? Why not just be charged correctly up front and pay that amount. Royal is making it really difficult to want to give them money lately.

Why should anyone have to prepay an amount higher than what is advertised and then be refunded as OBC? Why not just be charged correctly up front and pay that amount. Royal is making it really difficult to want to give them money lately.

That is what D+ and PC Members do when they want to use the BOGO Coupon the first night of the cruise in one of the Specialty Restaurants and pre-book from home.

You are charged for 2 dinners, which shows up on your credit card, but then reimbursed for one which goes on your SeaPass Account as a credit.

I agree - it shouldn't have to be that way. My comment was indicating after that fact what would be the likely result and a comment related to RCI IT shortcomings that likely caused this in the first place!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 1 month later...

Thank you! I have been looking for this info. Been trying to do exact same (also on an Allure cruise in Nov). Since mine is for myself + 3 children, it is a HUGE difference & extremely frustrating (especially being that I am a software developer)! :banghead: 1 rsvp is going to cost me $120 instead of $54!:eek::(