advice/suggestions please...full day in FL/Miami after cruise

cliffnphil

hi all, would very much appreciate some suggestions or advice on how to fill a full day when we dock in FL at the end of our cruise early in the morning but don't have a flight back to a the UK until 11pm that evening from Miami.

Are there any tour companies that have itineraries that could fill a day, or is it better to drop luggage at the airport and sight see in Miami perhaps (never been there...). We are a young(ish) couple so be good to have some options for the final day rather than sit in the airport.

thanks in advance for any info.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would leave your bags and sight see in south beach. There is a luggage store in the bayside mall that will hd luggage for a fee also but my experience with it wasn't so great. Had to wAit around for them to open not on time. I would definitely see south beach maybe check out Lincoln road mall area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Taxi from POM to MIA ($24+tip for the cab) and pay to store your bags there - the airline will not let you check them in until 3-4 hours before your flight. :( From MIA you can catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for about $2.35 each. Lunch, beach, shopping, people watching, etc. Then bus back to MIA for your flight.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

Your other option is to cab from POM to a South Beach hotel offering day rates or a day pass - enjoy the pool, eat, drink, relax, explore, etc. and then cab to MIA for about $32+tip. http://www.between9and5.com is one source for hotels offering day rates. Availability depends upon demand - you could always call or email several hotels and ask.

If this helps you owe me a pint - bitter please. :cool:

We have had this same situation twice. We rent a car from National at the airport. Take the free shuttle from Port to airport and pick up the rental. Then you're free to do whatever. We did an everglades tour, coral castle, the sea world type place etc. Then return car in time for flight.

Jaimee

Taxi from POM to MIA ($24+tip for the cab) and pay to store your bags there - the airline will not let you check them in until 3-4 hours before your flight. :( From MIA you can catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for about $2.35 each. Lunch, beach, shopping, people watching, etc. Then bus back to MIA for your flight.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

Your other option is to cab from POM to a South Beach hotel offering day rates or a day pass - enjoy the pool, eat, drink, relax, explore, etc. and then cab to MIA for about $32+tip. http://www.between9and5.com is one source for hotels offering day rates. Availability depends upon demand - you could always call or email several hotels and ask.

If this helps you owe me a pint - bitter please. :cool:

I would definitely cab it to South Beach instead of taking the Airport Flyer bus. The bus takes up alot of your day. It runs every half an hour but we waited much longer for a return bus back to the airport. And the trip is fairly long in traffic, with multiple stops. Lots to do in South Beach and I would recommend it for a fun day, but maximize your time and take taxis.