Information Please

readingfast

Hi everyone,

We are on the Diamond Princess Singapore to Sydney on 28th October 2014.

All those of you that have been on her previously, I wondered if you would kindly answer some questions for me as I know every cruise ship/line is different?

1. Mick threw all his suits away when he retired, so can he just wear a jacket & trousers to formal evenings? Does he need a tie?

2. What exactly is the Oasis? and do you have to pay to access it and/or reserve spaces?

3. Same question for the Sanctuary please?

4. Are you offered a Thermal Spa pass to buy at check in? If so, what are the details?

5. Is bottled water complimentary and can you ask your steward to remove the other contents of your fridge?

6. Can you order coffee in your room first thing in the morning?

Any other tips would be very welcome.

Many thanks

1. Mick threw all his suits away when he retired, so can he just wear a jacket & trousers to formal evenings? Does he need a tie?

- Yes. But I would recommend he also wear shoes and a shirt. The tie is an option. (personally, I don't wear one with my liesure suits ...). Seriously: slacks, dress shirt, tie and shoes will be fine. A suit or jacket is no longer "mandated". Conversely, Princess can have formal wear wating for him, in the cabin, if you wish.

2. What exactly is the Oasis? and do you have to pay to access it and/or reserve spaces?

- The Oasis is a sports area, aft, on 16 Deck. No charge.

3. Same question for the Sanctuary please?

- The Sanctuary is an "adults only" (thus the name) venue for solitude seekers who wish to escape completely to a plush, outdoor spa-inspired setting with signature beverages, light meals, massages, attentive service and relaxing personal entertainment. To use The Sanctuary will cost a fee, please check the Princess Patter for pricing or with a Serenity Steward onboard. Reservations for The Sanctuary loungers can be made by a Serenity Steward onboard by visiting The Sanctuary. Reservations for a massage in The Sanctuary can be made from your stateroom by contacting the Lotus Spa Line.

4. Are you offered a Thermal Spa pass to buy at check in? If so, what are the details?

- You will have a plethora of "special offers" for the spa begining during embarkation and continuing right on through to the last full day ...

5. Is bottled water complimentary and can you ask your steward to remove the other contents of your fridge?

- No. Not complimentary. Note - If you have a personal water bottle, you can refill it in the Horizon court, at any time. The ship's drinking water is produced by a reverse osmosis, desalinization plant and is purer than commercial "spring water" ... and ... it's free.

- Yes. Your steward will be happy to remove any items you don't want in the fridge. He's there to accommodate you.

6. Can you order coffee in your room first thing in the morning?

- Absolutely. Breakfast too. Just fill in the room service order and hang it on your door. No charge.

Any other tips would be very welcome.

- Join the 50 other couples in your crew at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1907268

- You will have a plethora of "special offers" for the spa begining during embarkation and continuing right on through to the last full day ...

No selling of anything at check-in.

Once you get on board there will be tables set up to sell items such as thermal passes (may need to go to the Spa to buy) and possibly other offers among the many papers in your cabin.