Cats finally ready to book; guess not

montlee

I love CATS because of the costumes and the choreography, but it's definitely not a show that has the same broad appeal as a more upbeat musical.

My one concern is that they are showing a full-length show on the planner, which is 2 & 1/2 hours. I'm not sure how well something that length is going to translate to a ship production. I expect the talent to be top-notch, and I have no reason to believe Royal Caribbean won't do a great job with the costumes as well.

What I've decided to do is watch the first half of the show on Saturday night, and if I like it, I'll watch the second half of the show on Sunday. I don't want to take up my entire 1st night on the ship watching Cats.

Booked Cats for our November 29th on Oasis. Had to book 1st night at 8:45, only other time was 2:30 on 2nd day. I was surprised, however, to see that Hairspray is still on my calendar. Could we hope that they aren't cancelling Hairspray and are just adding Cats???

Sadly no (as I, like many it seems, would have preferred to see Hairspray over Cats)...it has to be an IT error that it was left on your calendar.

When Oasis goes shortly into dry dock, they will be removing the set pieces for Hairspray, and installing the ones for Cats, so that Hairspray can be moved to a different ship.

:(