Galveston Help

hamp65

I am about to get nervous! I do NOT have pre cruise plans. I need a hotel and transportation ideas and I am about to get overwhelmed. I am searching the post, but my cruise is Oct. 6th. We normally cruise from Port Canaveral and we stay at the same Radisson Hotel with their Cruise and Stay package.

We are flying into Hobby on Sunday and will arrive around 11AM. I would love to have some plans. Its 3 adults and 1 eight year old child!

Please help a teacher who should be grading papers, but looking forward to our Fall Break Cruise!

No problems, no worries. First book the Carnival transfers with Carnival. You'll catch a bus at Hobby on Monday morning. Its a bit confusing in that they are going to ask you for your flight information for Monday - you have none - we always just entered in an early arrival, 9:00 am flight. You have now taken care of your transport to and from the cruise. Next book an area hotel, there are plenty there; Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, La Quinta, Spring Hill, etc... You now have a choice, you can rent a car for the day or you can use the hotel shuttle to get you to the hotel. You're going to hear that this isn't the best area in Houston, and that is correct, however most hotels in the area will allow you to use their shuttle to take you to dinner and pick you up, so no worries there. If you use the shuttle, you will also use it to go back to the airport in the morning and meet the Carnival representatives in the baggage claim area at the time you had indicated. If you decide to rent a car, there are a lot of things to do in the area, a quick trip to NASA in Clear Lake, the Kemah Boardwalk, or do the tour of the WWI and WW2 battleship USS Texas all come to mind. For dinner head over to Andy's Hog Wild BBQ in Pasadena or find another hole in the wall place. In the morning return the car at the airport and meet the Carnival reps in baggage claim....as I said no worries or problems! Have a great cruise, we have been on the Triumph twice and really like the ship!

I haven't been to Galveston yet (our cruise on the Magic is in a few weeks!!) but this is what we have planned for our group of 8. We have 3 rooms booked at the Four Points Sheraton in Galveston. We have Island Breeze shuttle booked to pick us up at Hobby on Saturday and take us to the hotel in Galveston. The next morning they'll come and pick us up at the hotel and take us to the cruise terminal. And then they'll pick us up the following Sunday after the cruise to take us back to Hobby. (Round trip for each person for all of this was less than a one-way Carnival shuttle...but, we have a larger group.)

The Saturday afternoon/evening that we're in Galveston we're planning on going to Pleasure Pier...the amusement park on the pier (practically across the street from the hotel)...and having dinner at Bubba Gumps. And then do some shopping and walking along the seawall.

What we have planned is all very touristy...but, we've never been there and the kids love this type of stuff (so do I!). I can't wait!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been to Galveston yet (our cruise on the Magic is in a few weeks!!) but this is what we have planned for our group of 8. We have 3 rooms booked at the Four Points Sheraton in Galveston. We have Island Breeze shuttle booked to pick us up at Hobby on Saturday and take us to the hotel in Galveston. The next morning they'll come and pick us up at the hotel and take us to the cruise terminal. And then they'll pick us up the following Sunday after the cruise to take us back to Hobby. (Round trip for each person for all of this was less than a one-way Carnival shuttle...but, we have a larger group.)

The Saturday afternoon/evening that we're in Galveston we're planning on going to Pleasure Pier...the amusement park on the pier (practically across the street from the hotel)...and having dinner at Bubba Gumps. And then do some shopping and walking along the seawall.

What we have planned is all very touristy...but, we've never been there and the kids love this type of stuff (so do I!). I can't wait!!!!

That sounds like a fun place! Pleasure Pier should keep us busy for an evening.

What hotel are you using?

We have a cruise scheduled for Aug 2015. We are arriving a few days earlier and staying at the drury Inn Hobby. we're renting a car for a few days and going to JSC then turning the car back and taking the shuttle to the pier from the airport. it's only 2 of us so it seemed the most logical thing to do. Drury INN hobby really nice and offers free full breakfast bar and 5:30 kickback in the evenings. not the greatest food for the kickback but it is enough to fill you up and you don't have to buy dinner. (if you're on a budget like we are it's great)

We have a cruise scheduled for Aug 2015. We are arriving a few days earlier and staying at the drury Inn Hobby. we're renting a car for a few days and going to JSC then turning the car back and taking the shuttle to the pier from the airport. it's only 2 of us so it seemed the most logical thing to do. Drury INN hobby really nice and offers free full breakfast bar and 5:30 kickback in the evenings. not the greatest food for the kickback but it is enough to fill you up and you don't have to buy dinner. (if you're on a budget like we are it's great)

Karessamom: are you taking the cruise shuttle from the airport?! May I ask how much it was? I can't decide if we should stay in Houston or Galveston the night before the cruise!! :)

We are cruising Magic on Nov 2 coming day before using Cool tours shuttle to Gaidos seaside inn.Its walking distance to pleasure pier and next to 2 good restaurants .They provide hot breakfast and taking cab about 20$ to port. Cool tours will shuttle us back to Hobby.