Cococay -Nassau JETSKI

We will be leaving for the bahamas on 9-12-05 and tendering in Cococay one day. My boyfriend really wants to go on jet skis but the excursion sponsored by RC in Nassau is $95 pp for only about 50 mins! Are there jet ski rental centers at cococay or even in nassau that are cheaper??

Coco cay is owned by Royal Caribbean there is nothing on this Island with the exception of a few shops that is not Royal caribbean, all of the water sports on Coco Cay will be either bought on the ship or purchased with your sea pass card. I would suggest that you do the Waverunner ( jet ski) on Coco Cay with the guide that takes you out , We have taken this excrusion on both of RCCL's private islands ( Coco Cay and Labadee ) and have enjoyed them both. I do believe that there are some places in Nassau that do rent the jet ski's but I think that you will be on your own and in the open waters that may post a danger, especially if you are not used to riding these.

The 95.00 is for two people and you can switch off and each of you drive at one point. RCCL gives you a quick safety lesson before each ride. It is great fun, I hope that you will consider doing it.

My boyfriend really wants to go on jet skis but the excursion sponsored by RC in Nassau is $95 pp for only about 50 mins!

Sure it's not $95 for first rider & second one is free? That's what it was in Feb on CocoCay. I am sure they have it priced that way so they don't have a bunch of single riders. Great excursion!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

We will be leaving for the bahamas on 9-12-05 and tendering in Cococay one day. My boyfriend really wants to go on jet skis but the excursion sponsored by RC in Nassau is $95 pp for only about 50 mins! Are there jet ski rental centers at cococay or even in nassau that are cheaper??

If you look further down the excursion list you should see a jet ski passenger for like $29. You pay $89 for one of you to be the driver (but both of you can switch and drive) and then $29 for the other. 7_3_203.gif

At least that is how my 11-5 Coco Cay excursion for my specific cruise is being listed.

I was wondering the same thing myself except we'll be leaving Sept 5. I've read on these posts that in Nassau you are able to haggle w/the islanders based on how many people are going on the excursion. Several people have even advised not to do the excursions with RCI b/c you can save so much money doing it w/the islanders. Since this is our first cruise my boyfriend and I were just going to play it by ear and wait till we arrive on Nassau but b/c of what Flossie said concerning the safety hazzards and not being an experienced driver (which we are not) I think we'll just do the excursion in Cococay with RCI.

Sensdncr86 - I'm pretty sure its $95 for two people and you do get to switch so each person gets a chance to drive. I don't know if you have ever been to Nassau but I think another reason you should just do the jetski's in Cococay is b/c it may take time from visiting and doing other things in Nassau as opposed to Cococay where there is nothing to do except water activities and relaxing.

Angiebaby161- What list are you looking at?

Has anyone done the swim w/dolphins in Nassau? My boyfriend and I are interested in doing it but we want to make sure its worth since its so expensive? Also, since RCI doesn't offer this excursion and it has to be done w/the actual company does anyone know if they refund you if the ship doesn't make that port?

DH and I cruise on 12-11 and according to RCCL's website for excursions for that time frame the cost on CocoCay for waverunners is $89 for driver and $29 for passenger. Not sure when one season ends and the other begins but that is the new price for the "winter" season. During hurricane season everything is somewhat cheaper.

Heres what the excursion site says:

$95.00 Fee

This guided 50-minute adventure will take you around the Berry Islands, neighboring CocoCay. You will watch a safety video and receive an orientation, before boarding your Waverunner for an informative and exciting guided tour. Some of the sights you may see include the Great Stirrup Cay Lighthouse, Slaughter Harbor, Star Fish Alley and the abandoned island community of Cistern Cay. Minimum age to drive is 16 years with a valid drivers license. A passenger between the ages of 10-15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Minimum age to ride is 10 years old. The maximum combined weight must not exceed 375 lbs. Waverunner price includes the driver and 1 passenger. Reserve 1 waverunner for each driver only. If under 21 years, must show proof of license. This is the adventure of a lifetime! When booking online and need only one waverunner, please enter 1 only.

Our combined weight is however more than 375:cool: so we will need two waverunners. $200 for only 30 minutes of riding-im sure they spend atleast 20 going over safety and how to ride. Seems a bit ridiculous. We are doing the Yellowbird Party Catamaran in Nassau but maybe we can find some jet skis after we return. We are both pretty familiar with the equipment-but it would really overextend us to pay that much. Maybe we can find mopeds to ride?

Looks like we will be out hunting for a hammock on the far side of Cococay so that should be relaxing.

need only one waverunner, please enter 1 only.

We are doing the Yellowbird Party Catamaran in Nassau but maybe we can find some jet skis after we return.

We did the Yellowbird while in Nassau. Once your at the beach locals will come up to you and try to sell you waverunner rides. There was a couple trying to get them to come down but they wouldn't budge off of $60. HOWEVER, the police showed up and made them shut down. You are surely taking a big risk going out on your own too. If you do find someone else in Nassau I recommend you cancel the yellowbird, that rum punch is toxic even to those of us that are use to drinking :D My sister didn't make it to dinner and I even thought about cancelling. Might want to read up on Bahamian law, hate to do something unknowingly you can get arrested for.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Angiebaby161- What list are you looking at?

On the RCCL site in the excursions if you go to the purchase portion, you need to put in your cruise resv # date of cruise and ship name. Your ports of call then come up specificly for your cruise. Click on the port you want and then the excursions that are currently available for your cruise are listed.

For my Nov cruise at Coco Cay, it is $89 driver & $29 passenger.

Hope this helps

This must be something new the charge for the passanger for the waverunners. The last time that we rented them in Coco Cay was in Feb of last year and they were still one price for the two. They change things some times so this may be something they changed.

Someone ask about the Dolphin Swim , we have never done this in Nassau but did in Jamica and it was the highlight of our curise. Make sure when you book this that it is a Dolphin Swim not an encounter as the encounter is only in knee high to waist high water, the swim is actually a swim with them. I would do a search on these boards for this as I know there has been some that have talked about doing this in Nassau.

Still do not think that I would rent a jet ski off of anyone that was walking around trying to sell you a ride. Lets don't just trust everyone that we come in contact with , just turn on the evening news and see that does not always work out for the best.

Also remember if you book an excrusion that is not from the ship and you miss your port for one reason or another you are just out. And you could miss the port or be late on arrivial for other things than just weather, we were delayed once because the ship had a fire.

I just did the waverunner tour last week at Coco Cay with my 16 yr old daughter. It was a highlight of our trip...soooo much fun! We were charged $95.00 for the first passenger and the second rider is free. We felt it was definately worth the money. The guide stops at different points along the tour and tells you some interesting facts about the islands...at one point she let us all take a dip in the water before we proceeded to the next stop on the tour. The water was so clear, we saw tons of starfish swimming around...very nice tour.

Thanks CruisinDawn and Flossie, I didnt really think about it being unsafe-but it definitely makes sense not to go out on the water with the locals. I was originally just wondering if they were available in Cocoay because I booked the Yellowbirdin Nassau and was afraid 2 beach days in a row would be too boring for my boyfriend-hes not much of a tanner hehe.

However im wondering now how the rum punch are "toxic" do you mean strong? or will i get sick from the ingredients? I dont really plan on being tanked its just the cheapest rccl sponsored transportation to and from paradise island. Cost is an important issue for us as this is a graduation from college for me and we are stretching our little college student budget for it lol.

Thanks CruisinDawn and Flossie, I didnt really think about it being unsafe-but it definitely makes sense not to go out on the water with the locals. I was originally just wondering if they were available in Cocoay because I booked the Yellowbirdin Nassau and was afraid 2 beach days in a row would be too boring for my boyfriend-hes not much of a tanner hehe.

However im wondering now how the rum punch are "toxic" do you mean strong? or will i get sick from the ingredients? I dont really plan on being tanked its just the cheapest rccl sponsored transportation to and from paradise island. Cost is an important issue for us as this is a graduation from college for me and we are stretching our little college student budget for it lol.

Give the bartender a buck and even a real drinker will get drunk!! I can take a lot but even I was weaving back to the boat. You will get your moneys worth, no doubt. Warning: They do cut you off once you get to the island and don't restart serving until the boat leaves back to port. They do limbo on the boat and it is a real party atmosphere!! Enjoy your on vacation and hopefully the captain is driving the ship:D Have fun on the yellowbird, spring for the waverunners in CoCoCay, it's a great time too. The stingrays & starfish were amazing!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived