Booked with WOW sale, ?Future price reductions?

fourkittys

I booked our Nov. FOS cruise in Dec with the WOW sale and got a price duction in Jan no problem. Last week on another travel site I found a sale price on our room category for less money for Indiana residence but they said it wasn't the same sale I booked so couldn't honor it. They did give me a $50 onboard credit. So is that the only sale I can get a reduced price? Final payment is due next week and there could be more reductions. I should know this but forgot. Thanks for your help!

Not sure I understand what you have.

If you give us your sail date and type of cabin (plus number of people) it helps.

When you book WOW sales now, if your get a reduction, they will usually take the WOW OBC away. So you have to balance that out with the new price.

Not sure I understand what you have.

If you give us your sail date and type of cabin (plus number of people) it helps.

When you book WOW sales now, if your get a reduction, they will usually take the WOW OBC away. So you have to balance that out with the new price.

Sail date is Nov 30 for two people Cat D1. The new price was $40 pp cheaper. They did say I would lose our $100 credit we got booking the WOW sale in Nov. to get this price. So I kept the price I have now and was given a $50 additional credit for some reason.

I find this is a way they don't have to honor cheaper prices. We also have cruised with Carnival and they give you the cheaper price before final payment with no hassle. Same Cat same date etc. of course. I'm happy to sail with RC but find it harder to get a reduced when advertised. Just swayin". In the long run, I guess I came out ahead considering I now have $150 onboard credit and the total price reduction would have been $80.

I have never sailed the same ship twice as there are so many interesting lines and ship choices but we LOVED the FOS and will be our second cruise on her before she left out favorite port. Thanks again for your input.

I booked my November 22nd cruise during the WOW sale. two weeks later the rooms dropped by $75 PP (promenade room on LOS). I called and RCI said I would lose my $50 OBC if I rebooked because the WOW sale was no longer going on.

I chose to lose the $50 credit and save $150 up front.

Looks like you got an even better deal out of yours.