From Cape Liberty to Home

Firetrk

I am ok on the directions getting to the Port but I am looking to print out directions home. I am coming from the Philadelphia area so I will be taking the NJ Turnpike Exit 14A to Rt. 440. Thank you 138East!

My question is when I look up the directions to go home it has me leaving the port and going South on Rt. 440 over the Bayonne Bridge and into Staten Island turning onto Rt. 278 and then onto NJ Turnpike. Is this correct?

Just curious why I can't go home the way I came to the port. Any help would be appreciated because I'm confused.

If you turn south and go towards the Bayonne Bridge, you will pay an extra $13 toll to cross into Staten Island. IMO it's not worth it. Just retrace your steps - turn right coming out of the port and follow the signs to the NJ Turnpike west towards Newark Airport. If I remember correctly, you have to pay attention to the signs to get onto the Turnpike South at the airport - staying in the middle or right lane comes to mind.

I am ok on the directions getting to the Port but I am looking to print out directions home. I am coming from the Philadelphia area so I will be taking the NJ Turnpike Exit 14A to Rt. 440. Thank you 138East!

My question is when I look up the directions to go home it has me leaving the port and going South on Rt. 440 over the Bayonne Bridge and into Staten Island turning onto Rt. 278 and then onto NJ Turnpike. Is this correct?

Just curious why I can't go home the way I came to the port. Any help would be appreciated because I'm confused.

It's only telling you this way because it's probably a mile or two less. Just go back to the turnpike at 14A. Make a right at the entrance of the port at 440 and follow the signs.