Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Hi Everybody,

Happy Birthday Sheila!!:D :D :D I hope you had a great day yesterday! Don't you just love it when you have tests done, then they give you a diagnosis that leaves you still not knowing what is going on. I hope they get you feeling better very soon! Congrats on the 1/2 lb. - it's great your still losing with everything else happening!

Connie - Now I know for sure that you have much more will power then me - to get through having all those goodies around you and not have any - congratulations! You deserve your 2 lb. loss - and now that you have gotten through leveling off again, I'm absolutely positive that your #'s are going to be down next week as well!

I just got off the phone rearranging things - last time we cruised was during the summer, and we just flew into Fort Lauderdale the day we were sailing - no problems at all, but this year we're sailing in January, and I have read all sorts of horror stories about flying in the same day as sailing during the winter. We're going with another couple, so I called them up and we decided to fly in the day before and relax before saling on the 20th. (Nobody really had to twist my arm to convince me to take an extra days vacation)!

What is a Bunco party?

Good luck with the week-end challenges everyone!:rolleyes:

Kim.

What's a Bunco party?

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Kim, I think it is definately a good idea to go the day before in January, you never know that time of year!

Bunco is a dice game, you usually have 3 or 4 tables of 4 and you rotate to different tables with different partners. You can win cash at the end, it's alot of fun. We always eat and drink a bit to much, but have a great time:D

Well, I did great on desert night, and yesterday I had company for dinner and I did great but this morning I broke down and had a brownie! Oh well, I did go for a 1 hour walk with my DH.

Connie

Good morning to all! Sure sounds like you all have been doing quite well on your weight loss. I've just returned from being out of town since last Wed. I pretty much wasn't able to do WW, but tried to get in a few walks and workouts when possible. I got on the scale this morning and I'm still about the same at 143.2 so I am very happy with that. But, I feel like a put on a pound or 2 so I'm hoping it doesn't appear tomorrow. Anyway, I seem to have lost some of my motiviation to keeping track of my points. Like Kim, I won't loose the weight I want for my cruise in March if I don't get back on track.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good week!

Happy Belated Birthday Sheila!!!

Happy Monday everyone!! Guess what I have sitting on my desk? Another b'day cake from my co-worker! It is Belgium chocolate! OMG!! :eek: Will it EVER end? LOL

Thanks everyone for the happy birthday wishes!

I ate and ate all weekend. I had two parties....mine and my cousin's on Saturday. She turned 2 on my birthday. We had a great time! I'm sure I've gained, but it was worth it. LOL

Kim ~ We always fly or drive in a day ahead of sailing. Makes things way less hectic and more fun.

Connie ~ Congrats on the 2 lb loss! You go girl!!!! :D

Janice ~ I guess we both need to get back on track. We really need to concentrate on WW so we don't gain a lot during the holidays. It's going to be tough though.

I have my ultrasound this morning so we'll see. I used to have a lot of endometriosis, but had a complete hysterectomy. One of my friends mentioned that I might have some endometriosis left and it is causing the pain. Sounds logical to me.

Hang in there, everyone!!

hi everyone, Hope you are all doing ok. I have slipped on keeping track of my points so I am back on today!! I am having a problem with my scale, I think I need a new one. I can get on it and and off and then right back on and it is up to 3 pounds different!! It's driving me nuts. My clothes seem to be fitting a little better, I guess that's somthing!

WEll, gotta go, things are hectic here, my DH is away. AGAIN, oh he did go to David Letterman yesterday but it won't be on tv until next Friday night!

Connie

Connie--I too have been terrible about keeping track of my points. Its super that you're back on track--congrats! I know if I track points, I will loose! Just can't get remotivated after a long weekend away from home (where I usually never am able to track my points). Thought I'd be better by now since its already Tuesday, but can't seem to get my fire lite again??? Any suggestions gals?

Is your scale battery operated? Mine does that when I need to change batteries. Just a thought.

Let's all try to hang in there.

Hi girls! I got my ultrasound results yesterday and they were normal...which I knew. I keep telling them it is my stomach!!! LOL I go to the GI doc on 11/10 so we'll see what he says.

I did my NordicTrack for 30 minutes last night and I'm pretty sure I still gained weight over the weekend. It was fun though!! ;)

Hi everyone,

I thought my scale needed a new battery, but when I checked the bottom it says "no battery to change":eek: I guess I need to buy a new one.

I just had a Smart ones chicken enchilada with rice, it was yummy! I also am starting a new jogging program, I was running 3 miles on the treadmill before I moved, now I can barely run 10 minutes! Anyway, just got back from that, the only problem is where I live no matter which way I go I have to go up hills!

Connie

Well, it's weigh in day and I'm at 143.2. I'm happy about that since I went back up to 144.3 this week after traveling all weekend (and eating out the whole time). Still not doing great tracking my points, but today is a new day that I will try again.

Connie--great job with the running! Going up hills is excellent for tightening up the back of your thighs. I used to run, but due to a bad knee that acts up every time I start, I have to do other things. I usually use the elliptical machine at the gym and weights, but sure miss running.

How is everyone's week going? Almost time for the weekend--which is always a challenge. And what about Halloween???? :eek:

Halloween is usually the start of a downward spiral for me !! This year I am going to try my best not to eat even 1 little piece of candy, usually if I eat one then I can't seem to stop.

I don't know my weight, I haven't gotten a new scale yet, but I feel good and my clotes seem a bit looser. I will try and get a new scale this weekend!

Connie

Halloween is usually the start of a downward spiral for me !! This year I am going to try my best not to eat even 1 little piece of candy, usually if I eat one then I can't seem to stop.

Connie

Connie ~ I know exactly how you feel! I normally gain at least 10-15 lbs between Halloween and New Year's. I've vowed not to do it this you! You care to join me on that vow?

I exercised another 30 minutes last night on the NordicTrack. I increased the incline and tension and did it faster. I hope that helps!

I gained one lb this week. I'll take it though because when I weighed on Monday, I'd gained 4! :eek:

Hi Girls,

It has been a tremendously busy week this week, both at work and home - but the week-ends almost here.....YAYYYYYYY!

I gained 1/2 a lb. this week (135.5), but I'm with Sheila, I'm happy with that 'cause I had gained 3. Even at the beginning of the week I couldn't seem to get motivated to lose what I had gained over the week-end. I'm really getting frustrated with the week-ends, I start out telling myself that I'm going to be good the whole time, and by Sunday have given in to some munching. Even cheating a little-tiny bit seems to show immediately on the scale, (oh, the joys of being over 40)!

Just have to keep on truckin' and remember I want to lose by tummy by the cruise!

I'm the same way gals, seem to gain this time of year, but usually I start on our Thanksgiving, which was a couple of weeks ago, and continue gaining up until Christmas. That just isn't an option this year, or I'll weigh even more than I started at when we cruise - so I'll join you Sheila with your vow!

I've been really bad keeping track of my points lately - I don't think I have written them down all week! Isn't it funny that we all seem to have our "tough" times together - it's great to have a support group to lean on, I really appreciate you all!:D

Have a great week-end!

Kim.

Count me in too! I can't seem to get re-motivated. I'm hoping to continue to loose in the next couple of months even if it is a small amount. Staying even would be an accomplishment too, but want to keep my goal in mind of loosing so I don't go hog wild with the holidays. Like Sheila said--WE CAN DO IT!!!:)

That's great girls - we'll prove that you can still be in the "Holiday Spirit" without giving in to temptation!

I think I'm going to start looking for WW "Chocolate" type recipes to make over the holidays along with all of the high calorie stuff when I start my Christmas baking.

If anyone has great recipes for over the holidays we should pass them on!

O.K. - time to get readu for the week-end - and not give in by Sunday!!:rolleyes:

Have a good one!

Kim.

Hey everyone, I am definately with you on the vow!! I know I need to loose, but if I can get through until New Years without gaining that will be a major accomplishment! I have already told my boys to not give me even 1 piece of candy, even if I beg, scream or threaten them:p

I have been so busy the last few days, I was doing real good this week, writing every point down, but Friday and yesterday I have slipped! I did good eating Friday, but yesterday we went to the outback:eek: I had a cheeseburger, but I gave the fries away. I had a smart ones earlier in the day, but thats it all day, I guess it could have been worse!

Well, I am off to walk (I am dragging my DH along) Oh, and have stuck to my jogging program all week, next week I have to add 2 minutes to my time, I hope I can do it these hills are kicking my butt!!

Connie

Hi to you all,

I am going on Jan 20 cruise too and am thinking of joining WW on-line. There are meeting only about a 30 min drive from me and in french and I would prefer English. I am hoping that doing it on-line would keep me more motivated. But on-line I can't really understand if they give you council on what you eat or recipes, meal plans, calculate points of what you eat etc.:confused::confused:

My DH and girls would like to follow along too. How would that work?

Any answers...........??

Thanks.

Hi GLCAS and welcome! I can't be much help about online, I went to the meetings in the past and have all the info, but my cousin was doing it online and loved it. I know there are daily tracking logs, all kinds of recipes, you can even put in a recipe and it will tell you how many points. She really likes it!

Connie

Hi GLCAS - Welcome aboard! I'm not really familiar with the online system either - I have always went to my nearest WW to weigh in - have been wanting to join online, (as I keep mentioning in previous posts!), but haven't had the opportunity to join yet. As for your DH and girls following with you - as far as WW recipes go, my whole family loves them! I don't know how many times I have been asked for the recipe for WW Peanut Butter Cookies and Lemon Squares from friends and family. If you stop by the WW office sometime and just pick up a couple of cook books, I'm sure your whole family would eat the meals in them - they're what keeps me going when I get bored with the usual, I just try something new from the cookbooks!

Connie - That's great, keep up the running! I run on the treadmill and I know it makes a big difference!

Well, I got through Halloween without doing too badly - although I had to keep stopping myself from grabbing a chocolate bar from the bowl without even thinking about it! I did slip a little, had a couple of chocolate bars, but I was surprised, they had the nutrional info. on the bottom of the box, so I could count the points - they were the tiny Halloween bars, so they weren't too bad!

Well, time to get ready for work - good luck with weigh in day tomorrow everybody!!:rolleyes:

Kim.

Hi everyone,

Well, so far I haven't had one bite of Halloween candy! My kids have tried to tempt me, I think that is what is helping me! It makes me more determined. I wish I could just eat 1 or 2 because if you count it, it's not to bad. My problem is I can't seem to stop once I start:eek:

Well, back to work!

Connie

Archived