Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Well, so much for staying on track. We had friends over to play cards on Sat night and I made up a low fat dip and veggies to go with our wine. My friend brought over left over x-mas treats. Chocolate covered peanuts and pretzels. A couple glasses of wine and the chocolate was history. Then for lunch today we had chili dogs because I had buns we needed to use and I didn't have any FF dogs. Augh. Guess I'll be spending a lot of time on the treadmill this week.

My husband is fixing dinner as we speak. Spagetti w/meat, of course. He can't have it any other way. I am going to have a big salad first. At least we use whole wheat pasta!

How did everyone else's weekend go?

Sarah

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been posting lately, still working the 10-12 hour days - it's hard work to take time off! I haven't lost as much from christmas as hoped, when I was on the scale yesterday morning I was still at 138 - and we went out to dinner for my birthday yesterday to a mexican restuarant that I love......had a taco salad, which isn't too bad, but had to have deep fried ice cream for dessert! I also had a strawberry Coloda (had to start getting in the mood for the cruise)! Anyway, I didn't even bother getting on the scale this morning, I knew it would be too depressing. Will get back at it tomorrow - It sure doesn't look like I'll be at my goal - we leave on Thursday!

Well, it's almost 11:00, still have another load of laundry to do, and trying to get the packing sorted out.

If I don't get a chance to post again before we leave, everyone take care, and good luck with the weight loss!

O.K. everybody, 1 last post....my husband just came downstairs from trying stuff on, and told me that he's going to leave the tuxedo at home, just bringing the suit - the pants on his tux are just too tight!!!! Can you tell he hasn't been dieting with me!!!

Take care,

Kim.

Kim--Have a great trip and don't worry about loosing more until you get back! ENJOY--that is what cruising is all about. I'm jealous that you cruise is so close. Mine isn't for another 59 days. Can you tell I'm excited--counting the days.

Sarah--Weekends are so difficult, I know, but get re-focused this week and you'll be back in the swing of it.

Luckily for me, I didn't have my girls this weekend so I was able to really not eat too much. It seems that if I don't go out to eat on the weekend and stay busy cleaning, etc then I can actually loose. Which I did! Very excited as I'm down to 135.6! I haven't weighed this amount since 9th grade probably. Now I'm on a roll! Still have some loose stuff that could come off and I should be exercising, but haven't gotten back into that just yet. I haven't been counting points yet, but try to stick with small portions and only one helping. Plus staying away from sweets is helping. My biggest advantage right now is that hubby is still not at home so I don't cook as many big meals--he's a big eater and loves my cooking. So I'm able to eat lighter meals.

Anyway--hope everyone has a great week!

Hi everyone! I'm still sick so I haven't exercised since Thursday. It took everything I had to do that. Got on the scales on Saturday and I'd lost another 1/2 lb. I measured and lost 1/2 inch in my abs and an inch in my hips. I guess the exercising is paying off. I'm down 2 lbs since I started back on WW.

Kim ~ I hope you have fun on your cruise. DH is doing the diabetic diet now because all of his pants were getting too tight. He lost 5 lbs this week. When do you leave on your cruise?

Janice ~ Hi!! Congrats on losing so much weight and keeping it off! My goal weight is 137, which I'd be a size 8. How tall are you?

Sarah ~ I cheated last night by eating fried crab claws. Don't let one cheat get you down. It really won't make much of a difference. Sometimes we need that one cheat meal to tell our bodies to let go of the fat. :D

Connie ~ How are you doing?

Sheila--HI. Hope you are feeling better soon. Sinus infections can really take it out of you. Congrats on the loss of inches! I'm feeling better myself finally after fighting brochitis, but I can't seem to get motivated to exercise yet. Anyway, to answer your question, I'm 5'-5". My goal weight for WW is 148 (which is the highest weight for my age and height). That way, I can gain and still be lifetime. I've set a personal goal of 133 for my cruise in March as I'm hoping to wear my bikini without being self consious. Plus I'm sure I'll be gaining while cruising! Back to work for me.....

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on for awhile!! I have been really busy. I was doing really good and of course the weekend hit! I still have done better than normal, and I haven't missed a day on the treadmill in 2 weeks. I am waiting to get on the scale until tomorrow. I did drink a bit to much wine this weekend:p

Janice and Sheila-I hope you are both feeling better soon. Glad your weight in down!

Sarah-I guess after the weekend we will both have to hike the incline to 10!!

Kim-Hope you have a great cruise!! I am so ready for mine, but it's not until April.

Connie

Good morning!

Janice ~ I bet you look great! I'm 5'5" also. I weigh almost 20 lbs more than you! My goal weight is 135-137. My doctor says 140, but I want some "playing room."

Connie ~ Congrats on using the treadmill 2 weeks in a row. You go girl! :D

Sheila--Thanks. I am getting a lot of compliments at loosing the weight which is wonderful.

Like I mentioned previously, I haven't been in the 130's probably since high school. It feels good, but the weird thing is that I still feel heavy and as big as I was in the 150's. I'm not quite sure how to change my self image or to feel better. I do hope to go to the gym after work tonight (as hubby is going to get the girls after work). I really miss my workouts since our separation. Maybe that will help me to feel slim and trim. Started using some of that lotion to tighten up the loose stuff on my tummy so I can feel better on my cruise in a 2 piece. We'll see if that and the workouts help the tummy flab! Only 8 weeks until the ship sails! icon7.gif

Sheila--I did make it to the gym and it felt great. It was tough getting thru 30 minutes on the elliptical, but I did it! Seems like the first time back is the hardest. I'm hoping to keep up with it. Don't think I can maintain or loose any more weight without doing it. The lotion I'm trying is Nivea skin firming or something like that. Not sure if it works yet, but I'll let you know. Think it takes a few weeks. Have a great day!

I typed this all up earlier and posted but I don't see it listed. Weird.

I'm really sticking to the fast track list. I'm feeling pretty full too which is a good thing. Worked out like a maniac last night and felt it this morning. Feeling pretty good now. I'm finally getting to the point where I can run again on the treadmill. Yeah! My scale said I was down 6 but I'm weighing tomorrow on the Greed Diet scales where it matters so I hope it's at least close to that!

My husband, Bob ,has lost 8 lbs since Sunday night! Augh! I'm happy for him but wish it would come off of me that fast!

We have the next two weekends that will be challenges. This Sat I have having a family 40th b-day party at Buffalo Wild Wings for Bob to through him off of the fact that I've planned a huge event the following weekend with 50-100 people! He thinks we are going to a wedding reception at the hall I've rented out. hehe This Sat I already have my meal picked out so as long as I can hold fast to my decission after we get there I will be ok.

It's almost 50 here in Iowa today and I'm thinking about going outside with my 5 year old and going for walk or bike ride! Can't pass these days up!

Sounds like everyone is working hard and doing well! Stick with it...you all can do it! Those small little swim suits are waiting for us and we have to make them look good!

Good luck to all!

I can't believe it! I went to weigh in this morning and I'm down 6 lbs! I was 173 and now 167. Wahoo! I"m sure it was just the first week thing but man it feels good.

Is anyone watching the biggest loser and celebrity fit club, shows like that? I love watching those and I think I get inspiration from them. Not that I have that much to loose but that they have the perserverance to continue on when they have so much to loose and the amount that they do end up sheading. WOW! It amazes me!

Did the treadmil again last night - adding running in I think helps me. Can't run the full mile yet but I"m working towards that. Then I did ab work on the ball. Tonight will probably just do the treadmill.

Hope everyone's day has started off well also and you all have a great weekend!

Sarah ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your hard work is paying off. You go, girl!! :D

I watch The Biggest Loser. I had to DVD it this week though and I haven't watched it yet. I cheering for the red team this week, but "think" they might have lost. Don't tell me though! ;)

How is everyone doing? DH has lost 7 lbs. He began on Jan. 3rd. He's doing so well. I'm very proud of him!

Sarah - Great job--6 lbs. is awesome! Keep up the great work. Running has always help me drop weight as well, so the more of that you can do I'm sure it will keep coming off! I just can't do it anymore due to a bad knee.

I too watch the Biggest Looser but haven't watched any of the shows this year. They are so inspiring the after pictures--gets me motivated everytime I watch.

Sheila--That is great about your DH. What is he doing to loose the weight? Sure comes off men easier that us gals.

Well, we are heading into another weekend. Wish everyone the best for being good and exercising!

Stupid question. What is DH...think something husband????? Like I said... new to the message boards.

Sarah ~ DH is suppose to mean "Dear Husband." However, some days it means "Dumb Husband." LOL

Janice ~ My DH is counting his calories and basically following the diabetic diet that is sooo much like WW. He always exercises 6 days a week. His pants are already getting baggy in the rear and his medium shirts are fitting again.

We had a neighborhood party on Saturday. Needless to say, I ate all of my points that day AND my extra 35 points. :o

How is everyone else doing?

We had my husband fake party Sat. night at Chili's to throw him off of the "Big 40th Party" this coming weekend. I haven't figured out my points but I don't think I did that bad there. Had the lettuce wraps and 2 glasses of wine. My parents bought some chips and salsa to share at the table and I did eat a few of those. :-( Then they brought out a b-day sundae for him. Had a couple bites of that. I did a mile before we went to help but need to do some more tonight. Anyone know how many pts a white russian is? My brother and his wife came over to play cards after that and they brought the pre-made ones over to drink. Had 3. :-( Weekends can be so hard!!!

My goal is to loose 4 more this week. I will continue to weigh in on Friday AM.

Good luck starting the week everyone!

Sarah--What a great idea about the "fake" birthday party. Luckily when I threw my husband's 40th a few years back he had no clue. But I'll remember that in the future.

Sheila--That is awesome about your hubby. Sure helps when both of you have the same goals. I too have the baggy pants problem right now and really need to go buy some new slacks. A good problem, but haven't had time.

I finally worked out at home on Sat. I did 30 minutes and the stationary bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill (part of which was at a high incline--motivated by all of you mentioning what a great workout that is). Well, it wasn't that difficult to get thru and I wasn't overly sweating--but boy oh boy did I feel in Sunday! I didn't realize that taking a couple months off from working out would cause me to loose so much so fast! But at least I'm back at it I figure. Still holding at 136.6 from last week even after having a couple of glasses of wine, a beer Sat. night and eating out Sat. night. Tried to do somewhat good by ordering a bison burger.

Anyone having a problems logging into weight watchers website? I haven't been able to access it in a few days.:confused:

Hi all,

I am new to this board so I will tell you a little about me. I am 5'1 and a half and at this time I weigh 169 pounds. My highest was 220 age 18 or 19 since then I have dropped a few different time. I dropped to 175 at age 20 and stayed there till around age 24 when I got to 157. Both times I just exercised more often. I stayed at 157 for about 3 minutes I think, next thing I knew I was at 170 pounds and I began going to curves January of 2005 and dropped inches but only 6 pounds. At that time I had a cruise coming up so I joined WW in May and went down to 155 for about 3 seconds this time! After the cruise I was up about 5 pounds but had a back injury and since I am a teacher I spent more time on my butt especially because I took 8 grad credits this summer in 3 weeks so now I am up to about 168-170, depending of the day of the week.

I began exercising again 3 weeks ago and am trying to do the gym at least 2 times a week with a home session as well. I am going to add weight training and pilates next week and then do WW again starting in February, since it worked quickly and I could still eat. Hopefully all will go well. When I begin the WW flex plan I will weigh in and share where I am starting from.

Amber

Hi all,

I am new to this board so I will tell you a little about me. I am 5'1 and a half and at this time I weigh 169 pounds. My highest was 220 age 18 or 19 since then I have dropped a few different time. I dropped to 175 at age 20 and stayed there till around age 24 when I got to 157. Both times I just exercised more often. I stayed at 157 for about 3 minutes I think, next thing I knew I was at 170 pounds and I began going to curves January of 2005 and dropped inches but only 6 pounds. At that time I had a cruise coming up so I joined WW in May and went down to 155 for about 3 seconds this time! After the cruise I was up about 5 pounds but had a back injury and since I am a teacher I spent more time on my butt especially because I took 8 grad credits this summer in 3 weeks so now I am up to about 168-170, depending of the day of the week.

I began exercising again 3 weeks ago and am trying to do the gym at least 2 times a week with a home session as well. I am going to add weight training and pilates next week and then do WW again starting in February, since it worked quickly and I could still eat. Hopefully all will go well. When I begin the WW flex plan I will weigh in and share where I am starting from.

Amber

HI eveyone I am new to this part of the boards. i started WW the Tues after New Years. I have had the dreaded flu this past week, so it has been hard to eat fruit etc, but I have lost a total of 8 lbs so far.

I was wondering on average how much weight did you lose to go down 1 size. I am in this in between place right now in my clothing :)

Thanks!

Good morning, girls!

Sarah ~ DH had me a "fake" b'day party when I turned 40 in 2004. It really threw me off! LOL I'd try to stay away from the White Russians if I were you. They are loaded with fat & sugar. I like 'em though! :o Weekends ARE tough!! I'm really having a hard time with them right now.

Janice ~ Congrats on needing new slacks!! I wish I was at that point. I have 2 pair of size 10's that I can fit into, but they are tight. I'll need to lose another 5 before they'll fit well. You go, girl!! Great job on the workout also. I can really tell when I just skip 2-3 days of not working out. It KILLS me!

Amber ~ Welcome!!!! You've come a long way with the weight loss and you should be proud. Keep up with the WW and exercise and you'll be at your goal weight in not time!

Illinoisgal ~ Hi! What is your "real" name? It depends on the person, but usually losing 10 lbs will drop you down a size in clothes. Good luck!

Archived