Tight Budget on St. Martin and St. Thomas

dcarjn

Ok, I am going out on a limb here. We have cruised many times with our kids. We don't buy souvenirs(we bring back memories, not clutter) and we don't drink soooo we save $$ there.

Being the oldest sometimes is very difficult. What if one of you took the one leaving the nest Horseback riding with the horses on the beach?They even go swimming with you on their backs! Talk about cool. I took my daughter and neither of us ride horses. Felt safe the entire time. She still talks about it being the highlight of ALL trips. Lucky Stables I believe was the name. They pick you pick and drop you off.

My husband did something else with the other kids, for less $.You have other islands to do things as a family. Just something to think about. Going again in Jan 2015!

I was in st Thomas in November 2010 on election day there. We rented a car and drove to a couple of beaches and had a great time. It was an experience driving back to the port since the traffic was atrocious but we had no problems. We took 2 of my kids. I believe we went to sapphire beach and somewhere else. Cheap and easy and absolutely no problem driving on opposite side of road. As for st martin, there are buses that are inexpensive and much cheaper than cabs. We are on a cruise in November with 7 ports and with a family of 5 going I can understand budget constraints. That day we are in st marten we plan on going to beach resort near cruise port. Good luck.

• 1 month later...