Wine in room

123linz123

There is no "house" white. Suggest you specify Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Reisling etc and this is what you will be provided. And it doesn't suite your suite stewardess will provide something else. Alternatively indicate if you prefer Australian, Italian, Chilean, US etc.

I'm not sure if things have perhaps changed, but when we very recently booked the ONLY choice for wine was, specifically, "House white or red". We immediately figured the best answer was probably "neither", so we opted for the other CC and sodas/water, requesting Diet Pepsi and Pelligrino.

I agree that your best bet to avoid possible disappointment would be to request a certain varietal in the event it would win you a good selection. I'd love to wedge a couple of fine bottles along in my bag, just in case. Since learning that hardly anyone sports a tuxedo these days, I can save some weight! ;)

I'm not sure if things have perhaps changed, but when we very recently booked the ONLY choice for wine was, specifically, "House white or red". We immediately figured the best answer was probably "neither", so we opted for the other CC and sodas/water, requesting Diet Pepsi and Pelligrino.

I agree that your best bet to avoid possible disappointment would be to request a certain varietal in the event it would win you a good selection. I'd love to wedge a couple of fine bottles along in my bag, just in case. Since learning that hardly anyone sports a tuxedo these days, I can save some weight! ;)

In fact quit a lot of Seabourn gents wear a Tuxedo on formal optional evenings,you of course will be fine as you are.

Just enjoy the voyage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In fact quit a lot of Seabourn gents wear a Tuxedo on formal optional evenings,you of course will be fine as you are.

Just enjoy the voyage.

I may pack it anyway. I'd sooner wear it on Formal Nights, but there's only one on the relatively short 7-day cruise we're taking. :)

Edited by 4yanx

Yes,I know some people find it a pain for just one evening but I just look at it as another jacket and a pair of trousers.

I wear it to complement my wife who always wears a long evening dress and looks fabulous.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Yes,I know some people find it a pain for just one evening but I just look at it as another jacket and a pair of trousers.

I wear it to compliment my wife who always wears a long evening dress and looks fabulous.

This is why I keep mine...because SHE looks fabulous whenever I have call to wear it somewhere! ;)

In our experience, it doesn't really matter too much which wine is in the suite when you arrive on board. It's easy enough to have it swapped. We have a particular favourite included wine, which may or may not be available next time we cruise but we ask if there's any onboard and if there is, it appears as if by magic.

You can also change your mind mid cruise, you're not making a lifelong commitment to the first one you ask for. :D For example, after a few days onboard there may be a wine on the included selection that you've particularly enjoyed. Ask the suite stewardess or leave her a note and she'll arrange it.

4yanx, if you enjoy better wines, you can take your own onboard, or select from the wine list. There's usually a decent selection on offer, and prices are reasonable.

In our experience, it doesn't really matter too much which wine is in the suite when you arrive on board. It's easy enough to have it swapped. We have a particular favourite included wine, which may or may not be available next time we cruise but we ask if there's any onboard and if there is, it appears as if by magic.

You can also change your mind mid cruise, you're not making a lifelong commitment to the first one you ask for. :D For example, after a few days onboard there may be a wine on the included selection that you've particularly enjoyed. Ask the suite stewardess or leave her a note and she'll arrange it.

4yanx, if you enjoy better wines, you can take your own onboard, or select from the wine list. There's usually a decent selection on offer, and prices are reasonable.

Excellent response. Thank you. :)