Sunshine 9/13 Review - w/pictures - will be long!

Time2CruiseAgain

So - Swingers/Fat Tuesday's here we come!! Always a good time! We got there and grabbed a couple swings and enjoyed a few cocktails and even did some dancin!!

15185220247_83e1e4ca62.jpg

15184981279_77976cb081.jpg

Not to mention a great bartender!! The only thing missing was the balloon hat lady!!

15185222937_9a92cf8e8d.jpg

and of course you have to get the expected photo with the ships in the background!! It's fun looking back at similar pictures and see the changes the years have brought!! lol!!

15185136168_3432e6e948.jpg

We had the Glory in port with us throughout the week! Cool thing - one of my dear friend's from my hometown was on board the Glory and I didn't realize it til the last port! ugh!! Would have been cool to hook up and get a picture together!!

We wanted to get back on the ship in time to watch for pier runners!! So off to the ship we headed! I love to get a shot of two ships in port - it is such proof of how massive these ships are and how beautiful they area!!

15371420452_ca31627368.jpg

A few last minute guests a the gangway!!!

15371724175_528e289a62.jpg

Our daughter and son-in-law in the cabin next to us - also watching for runners! lol! I love traveling with my kids!! We especially had so much fun this cruise!!!

15184978349_4cf0bc1d2f.jpg

Dinner was not too exciting - we just went to eat in the Marketplace - got our food and sat back in the Havanna Bar - then headed back to our cabin to totally chill - my husband always enjoys some quiet time on the balcony!

15371725595_b5b44d8905.jpg

Myself - still feeling a little congested, I headed to the Cloud Nine Spa to sit in the Aroma Sauna a bit more - I'm sooooo glad I did! I woke up the next day feeling finally at about 98% better!!! YAY!! It really helps! and I can say I felt great the rest of the week!! We set out tag out for room service - glad we could sleep in again - no plans for Belize but to get off the ship and enjoy a beer at a tiki bar our daughter and son-in-law wanted to take us to! We walked around the ship a bit enjoying some of the music and then turned in for the evening - enjoying the wonderful movement of the ship and feeling tremendously Blessed!

Great review! How wonderful you get to cruise with your kids. I can't wait to read the rest. You are covering everything I like to read. I am concerned about the air conditioning though because I have read about other people having problems with it on this ship.

Thanks!!

Great review so far.....I can't wait to read the rest! I love that you are traveling with your kids and enjoying it. My DD got married a couple of years ago and we can't wait for them to take a cruise with us. She is a school nurse so it is hard for her to cruise during the school year which is when we like to go. We hope to plan something for Christmas in a couple of years so they can go with us.

Great review so far.....I can't wait to read the rest! I love that you are traveling with your kids and enjoying it. My DD got married a couple of years ago and we can't wait for them to take a cruise with us. She is a school nurse so it is hard for her to cruise during the school year which is when we like to go. We hope to plan something for Christmas in a couple of years so they can go with us.

We love cruising with our "kids!" Our daughter got married on the Breeze last year!! So much fun! We are already planning one for next year with all of us - possibly including the granddaughters!! :)

DAY 5 ROATAN!!!

Our favorite port!! We were up at the crack of dawn - so excited to visit our favorite port - Roatan! Loved that we were up early and enjoying our tea/coffee on our balcony to watch as we arrived in this beautiful island port.

15185172038_b012cc1d3b.jpg

We have been here 4 times before - 2 of them with the same tour company - Victor Bodden - both with the same tour guide - Georje!! We were so excited to reunite with Georje and share his beautiful island! He did not disappoint!!

For anyone not familiar with Victor Bodden - or any private tour agency on the island - when you dock at Mahogany Bay you have to go outside the gates of the port and walk up a hill and then down a hill to meet up with your tour guide:

15371458222_074239d47d.jpg

We found Georje and he hadn't changed!! We hopped in his van and we were on our way!! As we chatted, he was telling us of a gentleman he helped find property on the island and he was going to try to take us to his home - we got to his locked gate and Georje called and he let us in! OH MY GOODNESS!! Heaven!!! His beautiful home sat on top of a hill - you could see both sides of the island from his home!!

15185070720_0e98bc3480.jpg

15185177068_975e66915c.jpg

It was absolutely beautiful! We felt so blessed to have the pleasure of visiting his home! A few more pics in my next post.....

From this view on his balcony/porch - you can see on the left and right - both sides of the island!!! Beautiful!

15371764865_8be0edd53b.jpg

This was my favorite part!!! Hummingbirds everywhere!! They were zipping past my head - you could hear them fly by and the tiny chirps - they were all over this hummingbird feeder!!

15185180188_fccd85ffeb.jpg

One fun thing was the touch sensitive grass - I didn't get a picture of it - but when you touched it - it moved!! Really!!! It was so cool!! Just had to share a couple more beautiful pictures from this stunning location!!

15432904565_1c17f6665b.jpg

15246303868_4a4990e0bd.jpg

We would have loved to stay here all day - but we had a few more stops!! Hilltop souvenirs, Monkeys and Beach - Oh My!! hehe!

Time for a bit of Hilltop shopping!!! We have visited these lovely ladies and their children each time we have toured with Georje and continue to add to our list of mahogany items - this year I got a beautiful bowl for my table!! and a few things for our granddaughters!

15371767215_bd7bf5a330.jpg

best of all - it was not a harassing environment - we really enjoyed shopping here!

15348760326_c4914e2426.jpg

And these sweet little girls were playing music and dancing for us - precious - yes, that is a rat on her head! lol!

15368611671_fbed0f36bc.jpg

And we always get a photo here!! Again - a stunning view!!

15185081290_b878788930.jpg

Time to head to the Monkeys!!