Valor Ship...Alot of ?'s Please help.

sherrix2

Ok i have a few for all you past valor cruisers.

Please help in any way u can.

thanks

1. How were the ports on the eastern carb cruise?

2. how was shows?

3. do they have a coffee bar with specialty coffess? and are all coffees included or do u need to pay extra?

4. What type of buffets did they do at night? were they themed?

5. Anyone have any experience with the camp carnival?

6. What was your favorite part of the trip?

7. what was your least fav part of the trip?

8. on the water slide were children able to sit on your lap and go down with u??

9. how was room service?

10. do walkie talkies work on the ship?

11. Are u able to use a your own hairdryer in the bathroom? i know there is an outlet in the room but what about the bathroom?

Thanks for all your help.

www.cruiseclues.com can help you with the majority of your questions. scroll down and click on Carnival Valor

Only outlet in the bathroom is for electric shavers. You will be using a dryer by the vanity.

there is a hieght restriction on all slides. and no-- they have to ride down themselves.

1. How were the ports on the eastern carb cruise?

The ports were just fine.. nassau not much to do unless you want to tour Atlantis.. which we did not do.. we just took a horse and buggy ride.. and went to straw market.. and back to ship.

2. how was shows?

We thought the shows were for the most part great. And my husband enjoyed the midnight R rated comic.

3. do they have a coffee bar with specialty coffess? and are all coffees included or do u need to pay extra?

Yes they do have a separate coffee bar and it does cost extra. If you just want regular coffee you can get that any time free.

4. What type of buffets did they do at night? were they themed?

We were too busy for the late night buffet.. but.. the afternoon Chocolate Buffet is nice.. but such a tease because it is soooo rich.. so you just cant eat too much.

8. on the water slide were children able to sit on your lap and go down with u??

Now I heard someone say that their child did ride down their lap on the slide.. so it might be a judgment on the part of the staff at the top. Doesnt sound like a confirmed deal though..so I wouldn't count on it.

Yes they work... but are so annoying.. hard to get a channel to yourself... best to come up with a code name for all your family members..cause you will be putting it to your ear everytime someone says MOM!!!! My son after the first few hours just said forget it. We left each other messages on the cabin Mirror and the cabin voice message and we had a time of evening we checked in to the cabin in case.

11. Are u able to use a your own hairdryer in the bathroom? i know there is an outlet in the room but what about the bathroom?

I will probably bring my mini dryer this time as I was getting aches.. in my hand from having to hold down the button to keep the dryer working. BUT... I will plug it in at the desk not the bathroom as I like to sit!

Here is the coffee bar on the Valor

1139879452_ValorCoffeeBarsmall.jpg.cfdd61e281602ebde6b2feb767cb08ea.jpg

Here are a few of my opinions:

2. how was shows?

Excellent! Broadway shows, comedians and juggler/comedian especially were great.

You can get espresso or cappuccino after dinner in the dining room - no charge.

6. What was your favorite part of the trip?

Having a balcony - great for reading, early breakfast or coffee, staring at the water :p , watching departures and arrivals, etc.

Tendering.

Yes. We were glad we had them. They were very useful in port also.

Tendering.

Were you on the Eastern Caribbean? If so, which port was a tender port?? We were on the Western route on our last cruise and had to tender in every port but one (including Cozumel due to too many ships at the port). It was a royal pain in the butt. I was hoping to avoid tendering in the Eastern.

Were you on the Eastern Caribbean? If so, which port was a tender port?? We were on the Western route on our last cruise and had to tender in every port but one (including Cozumel due to too many ships at the port). It was a royal pain in the butt. I was hoping to avoid tendering in the Eastern.

No, it was a Western Caribbean cruise. Actually, tendering is fine if you've booked your excursions through Carnival or otherwise don't care when you get off the ship, but if you booked excursions on your own tendering is an extra headache. In our case the ship arrived in port 1/2 hour late and we had tried to cram too much into the day. Some wonderful local guides on Grand Cayman went above and beyond and saved the day for us.

Jeff

1. How were the ports on the eastern carb cruise? Nassau was kind of lame, we did the Yellowbird excursion through Carnival. Next time I'd probably do Atlantis on my own. St. Thomas was nice, we did Godfrey Tour and it was great. St. Maarten was probably my favorite island (though we did the "See & Sea" tour through Carnival and it stunk).

2. how was shows? Shows were OK...the 2 big numbers were worth watching and the only other show we went to was the "R rated" comedian, who kind of stunk.

3. do they have a coffee bar with specialty coffess? and are all coffees included or do u need to pay extra? yes, coffee bar is available but extra $.

4. What type of buffets did they do at night? were they themed? real small buffett on Promethius area of Lido deck...maybe 4-5 salad and 2-3 desserts available. not themed.

5. Anyone have any experience with the camp carnival? nope.

6. What was your favorite part of the trip? RELAXING. I didn't think I'd enjoy the "at sea" days, but I really, really did...I enjoyed them almost as much as the port days. just having the opportunity to do WHATEVER I wanted (which turns out, wasn't much...napping in the sun, cruising the shops onboard, napping in my room, vegging out in the AC watching movies and ordering room service...it was HEAVENLY).

7. what was your least fav part of the trip? probably Nassau..it was just kind of dirty. don't know that I'd ever choose to go there again, though I would if it were part of an itinerary that I really wanted to go on.

8. on the water slide were children able to sit on your lap and go down with u?? don't know, didn't go down it.

9. how was room service? generally really good. the portions are small, so I'd order 2 of whatever you want. and smell the milk (cartons) before drinking...I think, since they're offered at breakfast, that it's possible how ours got spoiled. DH didn't notice til he had downed it all (gag), just BE CAREFUL. they were usually pretty speedy (less then 20 minutes, EXCEPT at the times people are all returning to the ship on port days, then they get bogged down). just ask how long the wait is, they're usually right on the money with their estimates.

10. do walkie talkies work on the ship? yup. ours worked GREAT, and only once did our signals get crossed with someone else using our channel.

11. Are u able to use a your own hairdryer in the bathroom? i know there is an outlet in the room but what about the bathroom? no outlets in the room. I have pretty thick, medium length hair and the hairdryer provided worked fine for me.

hope that helps!

No, it was a Western Caribbean cruise. Actually, tendering is fine if you've booked your excursions through Carnival or otherwise don't care when you get off the ship, but if you booked excursions on your own tendering is an extra headache. In our case the ship arrived in port 1/2 hour late and we had tried to cram too much into the day. Some wonderful local guides on Grand Cayman went above and beyond and saved the day for us.

Jeff

We booked all our tours thru Carnival but people that didn't were sneaking on the tenders. I've never seen such rude people in my life. Half of our tour (Jeep 4 x 4 to Passion Island in Cozumel) didn't make it on the right tender due to people with tender tickets getting on before them and we were delayed at the port waiting for them for more than an hour.

Archived