Afternoon activity ideas

Megn2414

Hi, I will be sailing on the Norwegian Gem in Feb and we will be in port from 8-6 on a Sunday. My husband and I are planning on doing the ship excursion to St. John in the AM and would return to st. Thomas around 1pm. Does anyone have any ideas for what we could do with the remainder of our day on the island?

Hi, I will be sailing on the Norwegian Gem in Feb and we will be in port from 8-6 on a Sunday. My husband and I are planning on doing the ship excursion to St. John in the AM and would return to st. Thomas around 1pm. Does anyone have any ideas for what we could do with the remainder of our day on the island?

You could shop right there at the port or take a taxi to town, I think they are safari bus. Or you could go to Paradise Point on the gondola. It sounds like you have lots of time.:)

We always liked Ning our cruise day at Paradise Point, great spot to enjoy drinks and snacks with a view of the harbor. There is an aerial tram (tickets are usually available at your excursions desk) or you can taxi there.

If you want something more with the 4 hours you could hire a taxi for a 1 hr island tour and see the views from Drake's Seat and other spots then get dropped downtown for shopping or at PP to relax.

You'd have to taxi back from PP to Crown Bay after.

Another option is an island tour or seeing Charlotte Amalie then a late lunch at one of the restaurants in Frenchtown.

Edited by blue_water