MSC questions

moonvine

It looks like I have to throw almost everything I know about cruising out the window!

I see posts here about an all you can drink thing and the different "experiences". When I go to book will the travel agent go over all this stuff with me? I've got a quote out on ************* and the bids aren't saying anything about it.

Is MSC like Carnival, etc in that agents can't discount the prices so they will all be about the same?

Do you have to pay for the whole cruise at once or can you pay in payments?

Thanks!

It looks like I have to throw almost everything I know about cruising out the window!

I see posts here about an all you can drink thing and the different "experiences". When I go to book will the travel agent go over all this stuff with me? I've got a quote out on ************* and the bids aren't saying anything about it.

Is MSC like Carnival, etc in that agents can't discount the prices so they will all be about the same?

Do you have to pay for the whole cruise at once or can you pay in payments?

Thanks!

Moon,,,I'm not sure who you are booking through, but if you were to call MSC directly and speak with a personal vacation consultant,,they would be able to go through all of the experience packages with you. We don't use Travel Agents and only book through MSC so I can't tell you wether or not a cruise rate can be discounted by a travel agent or not. MSC's standard deposit in the U.S. is $100.00 pp per stateroom and you have up until 75 days prior to your sailing date to pay the balance. If you do book through MSC,,they are a bit more lenient with the payment due date and you can usually request for an extension.

Thanks! That really makes me want to book. Unfortunately my friend is watching some big dogs for a homeless former service member with PTSD and we don't know how long that will have to continue or I'd book today:(

I just booked my 1st MSC cruise a few days ago using MSC themselves.

The planner talked me thru all my questions and looked at different type of rooms and their "experiences". I wanted all the drinks and a little VIP treatment, so I just went ahead and booked a Yacht Club cabin....a ton cheaper then any other line that offers like services because i think they are trying to get into the North American market more.

I was charged $100 to reserve and have until about 3 months before the cruise to pay it off....Pay as little or as much as you want up to that point with full refund I was told and it showed on my confirmation paperwork as well.

Edited by FireEater

As Mike said, book w/ MSC directly. I booked with a TA here in FL and although he knows many lines, he never had booked MSC before. He said I knew more than he did after I read so much on Cruise Critic. My forthcoming cruise I booked with MSC, the agent will be in FL. They will be able to help you make a choice on a cabin and can answer your questions. It is an outstanding line in my opinion, so good luck.

OK, I have read about Yacht Club and we are interested. I have some info from the boards but is there a bullet point list somewhere about what it includes and does not include??

The only way to go in my opinion,,,, if you have the means to do so!!!!

MSC Yacht Club Amenities & Inclusions

· 24-hour Butler service

· Concierge services round-the-clock

· Suite amenities which include:

o Fine wood finishes

o European king bed convertible to two single beds

o Memory foam mattress

o Egyptian cotton sheets

o Extensive pillow menu

o Walk-in closet with safe

o Marble bathrooms featuring tub with shower and hair dryer

o Courtesy use of luxury MSC Yacht Club bathrobes and slippers

o Complimentary en suite mini-bar

o 24-hour room service

o Television

o Nintendo Wii console

o Choice of daily newspaper in its original format

o Internet connection (fees apply)

o Direct-dial telephone (fees apply)

· Complimentary wines and spirits, beers, and soft drinks in all MSC Yacht Club venues

· Open-seating dining in private MSC Yacht Club restaurant (La Palmeraie aboard MSC Preziosa, Le Muse aboard MSC Divina, L’Olivo aboard MSC Splendida, L’Etoile aboard MSC Fantasia)

· The One Pool, Bar & Grill featuring a shaded swimming pool, spa baths, solarium and a superbly-stocked bar

· Top Sail Lounge, offering a varied selection of delicious complimentary drinks, gourmet delicacies and desserts throughout the day and night

· Direct private entrance to MSC Aurea Spa with massage and treatment rooms dedicated to MSC Yacht Club guests

· Select en suite spa services (fees apply)

· One complimentary thermal suite session (sauna & steam room)

· Private en suite & after-hours shopping

· Private shore excursions and chauffeur-driven guided tours with private photographer option (fees apply)

I read somewhere that on the Divina there was a $3.95 charge for room service. Does that mean if we order breakfast in our room there's a charge? On any other ship we've been on I only had to gave them a tip.

hairy,,it depends on which experience package you select. If you select the Bella package, there is a $3.95 room service charge. If you have the Fantastica or Aurea experience,,a $3.95 room service charge will be billed if you order between 11:00pm and 6:00am. Room service is free 24 hours for The Yacht Club experience.

hairy,,it depends on which experience package you select. If you select the Bella package, there is a $3.95 room service charge. If you have the Fantastica or Aurea experience,,a $3.95 room service charge will be billed if you order between 11:00pm and 6:00am. Room service is free 24 hours for The Yacht Club experience.

Thanks Mike for clearing that up